Shark fishing at the Boils

Fishing the outflow from the PSL Nuclear power plant in a kayak my friend KC hooks into a 4 foot black tip shark only to have it ripped in half by a very large Bull Shark and it didn't stop after that. I did my best to get some video of the attack from my paddle board. Wow, that was crazy.

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,684 Captain
    Cool video...that Bull Shark ate that 4-5' Black Tip like a hamburger. Would not want to anger that beast.
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Pete, your famous LOL...made the tcpalm.com site with this. My buddy texted it to me today. I was cracking up when I saw it was you. Crazy sharks man.

http://www.tcpalm.com/sports/fishing-and-boating/Sebastian-angler-catches--384042641.html?d=mobile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Thanks Dave, we need to go fishing again.
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Sure enjoyed the video. Look forward to trying that spot one day.
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,837 Captain
    davederb wrote: »
    Pete, your famous LOL...made the tcpalm.com site with this. My buddy texted it to me today. I was cracking up when I saw it was you. Crazy sharks man.

http://www.tcpalm.com/sports/fishing-and-boating/Sebastian-angler-catches--384042641.html?d=mobile

I saw your story on the news the other day but I haven't been on here in a while. Good job on those sharks!
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
    Thanks.
    I saw your story on the news the other day but I haven't been on here in a while. Good job on those sharks!
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 437 Deckhand
    Absolutely amazing! Any estimate on size of bull....definitely a maneater there?
    The bulls were 8 to 10 footers.
    Absolutely amazing! Any estimate on size of bull....definitely a maneater there?
  • BeeknBeekn Posts: 136 Deckhand
    That was awesome footage Pete!
  • evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Deckhand
    Man, some of the largest sharks I have ever seen were at the boils! I've played with the idea of fishing the boils in the kayak so many times but never have. You beat me to it! Did you launch to the north or south of the boils along the beach there?
    We put in south of the power plant. It is a short paddle to the boils.
    Man, some of the largest sharks I have ever seen were at the boils! I've played with the idea of fishing the boils in the kayak so many times but never have. You beat me to it! Did you launch to the north or south of the boils along the beach there?