Kayak fishing for Jacks and Tarpon of Melbourne

Hi all. My name is Ryan Wood and I am new to the FS forums. I thought I would make a post to introduce myself and share some catches from this past weekend.

I was kayaking off of Melbourne Beach Florida and caught a nice jack and solid tarpon. Trolling live Atlantic Bumpers (horn bellies) for bait.

A video of this adventure can be found at the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4XOtGAwZE

Replies

• redf1sh407redf1sh407 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    That's awesome man. Haven't done much fishing outside of the rivers on the kayak but I bet it'd be fun as hell to get a tarpon or jack that size to tow you around lol
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,684 Captain
    Welcome to the forum, hope to see more posts from you in the NMZ catches thread. I drove up from Ft. Lauderdale to try offshore kayak fishing out of Sebastian Inlet(just Sth of you). Must have hit the wrong day, all I got were sharks on my Atlantic Bumpers :(
  • krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    Good Job Sir, Those are both trophy fish from a kayak, any day! I bet you travelled a long way, as both can tow you, no problem, lol
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Great day, enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. :applause
  • CapeApeCapeApe Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Nice! Im just a little north of you in Indian Harbour Beach. The tarpon fishing as been really good lately. I put my buddy on his first big tarpon from a kayak on the 4th of July. If you ever want to do some fishing, hit me up. We go off the beach anytime the weather allows.