Inshore for Reds 6/20

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,727 Captain
Windsplitter (Duane) and I agreed to go out with the "new" guy sevenweight (Mark) on his boat for his birthday. It's a shallow running machine so Duane drove it to a place we haven't been in awhile. Mark took the boat back in as he needs to get use to the area. It gave Duane and I a chance to drink a few brews since we weren't driving.

Fished a bit for a few trout, caught maybe three or four, to wait for water. That didn't last long, just needed one for the box anyway, and Duane says let's go for the reds. They were around, even saw one with it's fins out of the water, but they were reluctant to feed. We kept trying and eventually put eight keepers in the boat all around the 22 inch size. We kept our limit of three and one trout for a small fish fry. A couple ladyfish for shark chum were taken and I lost the only snook when it finally got tangled in a mangrove root.

Nice hot day on the water, all fish were caught on a Redfish Magic and soft jerkbaits, maybe this cooler weather will turn them on later this week. Here's a couple of Mark's fish to prove we caught fish and in preparation for the BASH we emptied a few bottle, Mark only had one, explained as I don't want a blast from "yak".

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies