Fort Meyers/sanibel offshore

I'm bringing my boat down from Jacksonville to my sisters for 4th of July weekend and plan on heading offshore one day. I'm not asking for any secret honey holes just simply what has been biting lately and in what water depths. Also what kind of live bait options do I have down there so I know whether to catch some here and transport down with me. Thanks.

Replies

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 761 Officer
    adrouse wrote: »
    I'm bringing my boat down from Jacksonville to my sisters for 4th of July weekend and plan on heading offshore one day. I'm not asking for any secret honey holes just simply what has been biting lately and in what water depths. Also what kind of live bait options do I have down there so I know whether to catch some here and transport down with me. Thanks.

The fish move around a lot during the summer months, but if your looking to target grouper, start in the 90-110 range. Bait inshore has been negligible with the releases from lake O. Bring sabiki rigs and look for bait clouds out in 30-50 ft. First light around Boca Grande pass and Redfish pass have had some bait, but nothing to sing home about.

Good luck and catch em up.
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral