Key largo 160cc

ragincajun92ragincajun92 Kingsland GaPosts: 439 Deckhand
I know this is not a high tier boat and the fit and finish is not what a hewes,sea hunt,sea pro, key west ect. That said has any one ever had one get soft spot or rotting areas? I have not read or heard of anyone having this problem with the boat. They seem pretty rock solid other than fit and finish. I know the wiring is not the greatest but for the price I don't think they are all that bad. What are your thoughts
Reelintension Go Pro Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/85stangbanger (plz like and subscribe)

Replies

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    There are usually some good deals on used models. They are a favorite with the "I got to keep it in the garage set", so well kept ones come available every now an then. A good entry level boat. So It may not have every bell and whistle. The wiring is more of a hook everything up and bundle, rather than a laid out perfect schematic. But, as long as the lights and pumps come on when the switch is thrown, It isnt a problem.

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • rehartlinerehartline Posts: 779 Officer
    I have a Key Largo 1860DC which is not the typical Key Largo, but I have not any issues with it all since 2005. I'm a EE and have tweaked the electrical as I have added gadgets but again, no issues, just normal maintenance, which includes electrical. It's been a good boat.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,419 AG
    Haven't been out on one. I thought the ones I drilled holes in seemed well built.
    Still have a pro inspect it.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• ragincajun92ragincajun92 Kingsland GaPosts: 439 Deckhand
    I own a 2001 key largo 160cc (the one in my avatar) I bought it because it was very low hour and in perfect shape. Plus I was able to pay cash which is always nice. I know a lot of people say they are at the bottom of the barrel, junk boats that have wood in the construction but knock on wood mine has be solid with no stress cracks, soft spots or transom problems. I did have to change out the pumps but other than that is been pretty good. I am wanting to upgrade to a nicer bigger boat in the near future but at this time the boat owes me nothing and has been a good one over all. Just wondering from the ones that own them or have in the past did you ever have actually boat itself problems like rot,stress cracks or transom problems. Cause I have yet to find anyone who has
    Reelintension Go Pro Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/85stangbanger (plz like and subscribe)
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 20,419 AG
    Boats have been built with wood for thousands of years. Parker boats still use wood.
    Shhh don't tell anyone the last 2 Contenders I worked on had wood in them.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• ragincajun92ragincajun92 Kingsland GaPosts: 439 Deckhand
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Boats have been built with wood for thousands of years. Parker boats still use wood.
    Shhh don't tell anyone the last 2 Contenders I worked on had wood in them.

Very good point