Home Conservation Forums

Florida House Bill 703 Probable Cause

2»

Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,452 Admiral
    First off what is an LOE? Secondly being a Coastie for 9 yrs prior to becoming local L.E. I can tell you we (most) also employ RHI's (What's a RIB?, must be something you made up). Ron we've been through this on other forum's here (off topic)............You just seem to have an issue with L.E. Again if it's not a myth please name those incidents and those L.E.O's involved. I'm not here to protect those that screw up in my profession. Please state how you know that me being a L.E.O. will not admit to this claim?
  • DitchratDitchrat Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    First off what is an LOE? Secondly being a Coastie for 9 yrs prior to becoming local L.E. I can tell you we (most) also employ RHI's (What's a RIB?, must be something you made up). Ron we've been through this on other forum's here (off topic)............You just seem to have an issue with L.E. Again if it's not a myth please name those incidents and those L.E.O's involved. I'm not here to protect those that screw up in my profession. Please state how you know that me being a L.E.O. will not admit to this claim?

Yeah, civies can't tell the difference between an inflatable, and a inflatable with a hull.

BTW Any man can make rate only God can make a Boatswains mate.:USA
  • Westwall01 wrote: »

RIB, Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat-source, Wikipedia

Say it slowly so you understand, OK?

Good cops profile but keep their mouth shut about it, ask one of your buddies who is a good cop.
  • DitchratDitchrat Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    RIB, Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat-source, Wikipedia

Say it slowly so you understand, OK?

Good cops profile but keep their mouth shut about it, ask one of your buddies who is a good cop.

Actually that's not accurate. Rhi= ridged hull in flatable. A Rib is a ridged inflatable boat. The difference between the two is one has a hull the other is just an inflatable with a hard floor pan. I wouldn't go hanging my hat on Wikipedia, considering anyone can edit it. You know it must be true, cause it's on the Internet.
  • TampaTarpon5TampaTarpon5 Posts: 803 Officer
    This house bill is atrocious. I learned a lot more about it recently. The safety sticker you get isn't registered to the owner, or the boat. This creates a problem because if you sell the boat to a dope that doesn't have proper safety equipment he'll never get stopped and checked by anyone other than the USCG.

Secondly, they changed what is considered unsafe riding, such as now you can allow people to bow ride only as long as a certain percentage of their body is inside the boat, same for swim platforms. What was so wrong with stopping people with kids bounding around on a non fixed seat on the bow? Geez

This smells like someone with political power got their feelings hurt and decided to make this their crusade.

I would encourage everyone to remove that sticker prior to selling your boat, I understand the Bills intentions with this but it was very poorly executed.
  • chumcrazychumcrazy Posts: 862 Officer

Secondly, they changed what is considered unsafe riding, such as now you can allow people to bow ride only as long as a certain percentage of their body is inside the boat, same for swim platforms. What was so wrong with stopping people with kids bounding around on a non fixed seat on the bow? Geez

Why do you feel the need?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    "Obama hands out $5M a day like it's pocket change. He doesn't need the Donald's money to be generous, he has yours." -Mister-Jr
  • lpk4444lpk4444 SebastianPosts: 17 Deckhand
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,249 Officer
    I think the cop was pretty nice under the circumstances. Who are you or anyone else to say he would not have stopped a white person under the same circumstances. I have had similar things happen to me. I am white.

The officer was suspicious of this guy due to his appearance and vehicle he was driving. He followed the vehicle until he observed a traffic violation. He legally stopped the vehicle for the traffic violation. He has the authority to determine if the driver has a valid license. After determining that the driver has no outstanding wants or warrants he allows the driver to leave with a verbal warning. That is what they are paid to do.

Because the driver was black they say it is DWB. An assumption. We do not know what information the officer had and what he may have been on the outlook for. All to frequent example of people jumping to conclusions without having all the facts. The officer attempted to explain the reasons for the stop, but the driver cut him off in mid-sentence. Who knows what the driver may have learned if had not jumped to a conclusion and interrupted.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    The officer was suspicious of this guy due to his appearance and vehicle he was driving.

Talk about making an assumption. No, he didn't like a black person making "direct eye contact" with him.

Trying to act like DWB (racial profiling) doesn't exist is absurd.
    DWB exists in your mind, but that's about it
    Ok. Thanks for being honest with us.
  • TampaTarpon5TampaTarpon5 Posts: 803 Officer
    chumcrazy wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

the need to what? Stop people who are operating a vessel unsafe? Generally to keep them from injuring themselves or others.
  • tennmiketennmike Posts: 400 Deckhand
    Ditchrat wrote: »
    Actually that's not accurate. Rhi= ridged hull in flatable. A Rib is a ridged inflatable boat. The difference between the two is one has a hull the other is just an inflatable with a hard floor pan. I wouldn't go hanging my hat on Wikipedia, considering anyone can edit it. You know it must be true, cause it's on the Internet.

Navy uses RIB Rigid Inflatable Boats. They are an inflatable boat with rigid deck and stern.. There are also RHIB or Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats. They have a metal or fiberglass hull with an inflatable skirt that goes around the boat along the gunnels from stern to bow. The boats are NOT the same.

Boats don't have ridges, but Ruffles tater chips do. :)

RIB
    RIB_zpsk26d8erz.jpg

RHIB
    RHIB_zpszohbf1cc.jpg