Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Yankeetown Slam 5-29

I haven't posted in a while but have been fishing inshore at least twice a week. Been catching a lot of reds, a few snook and triple tail. Jerry(wishin I was Fishin) and I ventured out early Sunday to beat the crowds.

With an incoming tide we fished a little bit for snook and then we hit the backwaters for reds. Second spot we caught a bunch of reds but they were all small ones. I was getting frustrated and worked our way out of the creeks and finally got a keeper red on a gold spoon. (Forgot to take a picture of it but took a pic of smaller double up)

Worked our way to another area and by now it was outgoing so we started throwing a mirrodine and bam I get a nice 27" snook. We couldn't get anything else so now I had to go for the slam but I haven't really trout fished much this year but we found some in 5 to 6 feet to finish the slam.

Was a good day out there.

My action craft is too small for grouper fishing so if any of you bigger boat guys has room on a boat or wants to swap trips PM me. I can usually go any time and would prefer to go during the week. I can pitch in for fuel.

Replies