Good tidings this Memorial Day

Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,889 AG
Lets not forget to honor our fallen that sacrificed all for our American way of life.

Let us honor them today and everyday, celebrate those freedoms and pay our respects to our flag which stands as a symbol of our nation worldwide.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/ancvideo/videos/1091635600879721/[/video]

This is a video of the Honor Guard at Arlington National Cemetery folding a flag.

I will be showing this to my Boy Scout troop.
Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...

Replies

• JaxbchcreeksJaxbchcreeks Posts: 196 Deckhand
    Agreed to the fullest.thankyou
  • Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,570 Captain
    Lets not forget to honor our fallen that sacrificed all for our American way of life.

Let us honor them today and everyday, celebrate those freedoms and pay our respects to our flag which stands as a symbol of our nation worldwide.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/ancvideo/videos/1091635600879721/[/video]

This is a video of the Honor Guard at Arlington National Cemetery folding a flag.

I will be showing this to my Boy Scout troop.

[h=1]Flag-Folding Ceremony[/h] There is no official flag-folding ceremony and there is no official meaning to each of the folds.

Boy Scout Script (not official)

#1 In honor of the thirteen original colonies and our forefathers who founded this great nation, we salute you.
    #2 To the men who died in the War for Independence, we salute you.
    #3 To those men who fell in the War of 1812, to preserve our freedom, we salute you.
    #4 To the brave soldiers on both sides, The North and The South, in the Civil War, we salute you.
    #5 To those who shed their blood in the name of hope and freedom in The Great War, we salute you.
    #6 For our fathers and sons who died in the terrible battles of World War Two, Pearl Harbor, Anzio, Midway, The Bulge, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Normandy, and Berlin, we salute you.
    #7 To the men of the First Marine Division, who, in a rear guard action at the Chosin Reservoir in Korea saved their battalion and the lives of their brother Marines, we salute you.
    #8 For the brave men and women of our armed forces who died on the fields of fire in Vietnam and whose names will live on forever on that hallowed wall, we salute you.
    #9 For our commander in chief, who leads our nation in good times, and bad, we salute you.
    #10 For the Boy Scouts of America and all the Scouts who have gone before us, we salute you.
    #11 To God, our parents and our families who we love and respect, we salute you.
    #12 To the men and women of our armed forces, the Arsenal of Democracy and the Hammer of Freedom, we salute you.
    #13 And last, to freedom, because with out freedom there is no honor, without honor, we are not Americans, and on this we vow, that as long as this flag flies, we salute you.
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893