Skip to main content
Home Boating

yamaha 60 hp carb question?

sonnysonny Posts: 283 Officer
I have yamaha 60(c) on the bottom carb the plastic choke stop where the choke linkage rest against the plastic ear on the carb that plastic ear broke can I get a new piece ?

Replies

• GatorGlenGatorGlen Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    I'm sure you can... check around the web for the part. I'm not promoting any individual company but sites like boats.net and iboats.com sell replacement parts. You can check yamaha's site for replacement parts. I'm an E-rude guy so I look at BRP.com and compare prices with the other sites.

I have no idea what piece you are talking about, you may need to replace the entire carb. If you have the piece that broke off you could try some jb weld to reattach it. Good luck!
  • sonnysonny Posts: 283 Officer
    I called A local shop they said its part of the carb that I will have to buy A new one that cant be right
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Sonny, google your engine make and model and add in the words parts diagram to the query. Many of the sites that offer parts for your brand have the exploded parts diagrams in pdf format that you can see all the parts and there part numbers.
    If your shopping for the best price, I usually get the part number from the diagram and then google that number directly. Use those results to shop for the best pricing.

Good luck
    CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • kanakakanaka Posts: 343 Deckhand
    Wait for it to upload completely and fill in the blanks, grasshopper.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=outboard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonnysonny Posts: 283 Officer
    well I searched for the part and it is not A seperate part got to buy A new carb but i'm trying super glue first its just A plastic ear (anybody know A real good glue)
  • StankBaitStankBait Posts: 418 Deckhand
    Take a picture and post it so we can see the part. Hard to know the problem without one.