Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Best Boat Insurance

Any advice is appreciated. I currently have boat US insurance but they switched who they underwrite through and my premiums went up about 20%. looking to shop around for better rates. TIA

Replies

• bigh20bigh20 Posts: 251 Deckhand
    I had progressive until recently when I switched from a cheap inshore boat to a nicer offshore boat and their rates tripled!! Tried boat US and they were cheaper by a long shot with better coverage. Would recommend calling around to the various large carriers to see what you can get as I can't make heads or tails of how they set rates and it seems to change daily.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Give this Co. a call he's a broker that I have dealt with for years.
    He'll have his employees shop it for you and most likely get you the best deal.

http://www.insuranceland.org/
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 529 Officer
    boat US - absolute best insurance company

I owned a repair shop - boat us,settled claims in days ! good rates too

I actually had a customer,he had boat US,he had a problem with his fuel tank leaking - boat US authorized me to pull the tank and have it out,waiting for their rep to inspect.rep came and inspected,filed his report - boat US denied the claim,but,the boat owner had the job done for almost half the price...

I've had boats that sunk,boat US was there in days inspected and settled the claim - every time !

I can not say enough good about boat US,i have both of my boats insured by them...
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 529 Officer
    want to know the worst ?
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
    want to know the worst ?

:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn
  • cflcyclepartscflcycleparts Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Charter Lakes or NBOA, both very good and competitive rates
    Grady White Marlin 30' - "The Other Woman"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Central Florida Cycle Parts
    cflcycleparts.com
    Your source for quality used motorcycle parts.
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    want to know the worst ?

Who's the worst?
    Gieco writes under BoatUS. Their rates are ridiculous too. If you have to have it, you're gonna pay one way or another!
  • B. GravesB. Graves Posts: 45 Deckhand
    I have progressive for my flats boat, its not bad at all. I have yet to file a claim so Im not sure how good they are as far as that. I get it through USAA though so maybe thats why its on the cheap. I have pretty good coverage too.
    Its great to be a Florida Gator!
  • FREEBIRD 257FREEBIRD 257 Posts: 21 Deckhand