Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Big Bend meet and greet time ?

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,220 Moderator
Had Ruffone shake me down about having a forum get together the other day. Something about having beers and stuff and talking fishing. :blahblah :grin

Figure why not. If , that is, YOU the members wanna ? So , lets figure a time and place and see how it turns out.
"You'll get your weather"

Big Bend meet and greet ? 23 votes

Yes , I would like a get togther
60% 14 votes
No , it's too hot and I won't go.
0% 0 votes
I'll come if there is beer and AC.
13% 3 votes
I like beer , don't care if it's hot , nothing will keep me from coming.
26% 6 votes

Replies

• wvinfl12wvinfl12 Posts: 248 Deckhand
    I think its time I present myself and my wife to you kind people and tell big lies and get some laughs......lol. We were just talking about that the other day.
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    If we're in town, Mr gl and I would really like that.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,469 Officer
    Even though I don't live in big bend it's where I do the majority of my fishing.
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 937 Officer
    Count me in. Most any weekend should work.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,737 Captain
    If you have it the week-end of June 4\5 I won't be in town...which might be a good reason to have it then. :grin On the other hand that's the first week-end after gag opens so some may want to go fishing then.

How about June the 12th or 19th? Same place (it's a little far for some of us but seems to be in the middle for most) and same time as last time? A Sunday will let some attend who usually can't on Saturdays.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,220 Moderator
    Billy wrote: »
    How about June the 12th or 19th?
    Bill

I'm thinking I may be in the keys the first week in June. But you guys don't need me there either. :grin
    19th suites me however.
    Would really like to meet you Capt Louie, so I would prefer if you were there, so 19th would be good for me. Would also like to meet rough, Doc, and Burke, and some of the rest of you guys. Time for me to get my face out to you guys, hopefully it won't scare ya.
    wvinfl12 wrote: »
    Would also like to meet rough, Doc, and Burke, and some of the rest of you guys.

Guess I'm one of the rest of the guys? :)

I'm thinking the 19th is the time we should shoot for as it should fit most people's schedule.

Yeah...it won't fit everyone's.

Bill
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,609 Captain
    Yeah, he doesn't want to meet you Billy. Don't blame him. :wink

He really doesn't want to meet me either. I don't like anybody. :grin
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,880 Captain
    I'll do my best to make it. Wayyy past time to meet you guys. I even voted to drink a hot beer with Billy ( or a cold one in the heat?:huh)
    At least I assume that is who voted for that one.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,452 Officer
    I really would like to be there but.... Maybe hold one in the winter also.
  • butchbalbutchbal Posts: 471 Deckhand
    12th or 19th would suit me just fine. It would be nice to put some faces to the names for those I haven't met.
  • StandOutI2StandOutI2 Posts: 544 Officer
    18th is the LEO tournament at the plantation so I would imagine some of the guys will already be over there. I should still be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:fishing
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,518 Captain
    It would be nice to meet everyone, I'm away until June 25.
    The 19th is Father's Day. :shrug

...although we will be around that weekend.

Late afternoon of the 25th might work for us...we'll be driving up from Tampa.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

Grady-lady wrote: »
    The 19th is Father's Day. :shrug

Darn it..
    4WARD wrote: »
    I'll do my best to make it. Wayyy past time to meet you guys. I even voted to drink a hot beer with Billy ( or a cold one in the heat?:huh)
    At least I assume that is who voted for that one.

Yep, you already know me, it was me. :)

I still think a Sunday is better.

So maybe the 26th if Father's Day is an issue?

Bill
    Billy wrote: »
    Yep, you already know me, it was me. :)

I still think a Sunday is better.

So maybe the 26th if Father's Day is an issue?

Bill

Yes, meant to say Sunday the 26th. We'll be out of town but were planning on coming back late afternoon anyway.

26th works for me too, whenever, just let me know.:)
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    I'm always ready for a bash. Count me in pretty much anytime.
  • StandOutI2StandOutI2 Posts: 544 Officer
    I'd be more game for the 26th as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:fishing
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,166 Officer
    I'll be fishing down in the Keys the first week in June, so the 19th or 26th would be fine for me.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    If in town will stop in:grin
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • SevenweightSevenweight Posts: 72 Deckhand
    I'd love to meet some more from this forum. I'll be there if at all possible.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,131 AG
    4th is the FWC youth day at their camp in Silver Springs, will be frying fish that day. anything after is good for me.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    4th is the FWC youth day at their camp in Silver Springs, will be frying fish that day. anything after is good for me.

That's cool! - we've taken a couple busloads of special needs kids to a weekday Fishing Derby in years past - I've fried up fingerling cats for the whole school on many occasions...(small school). Some of the kids would eat them whole, bones and all.

I just happen to know some folks who live near there. Need any more volunteers?

So sounds like the 26th is a good date. Is everyone OK with the Loft or do you have another venue ?
    BTW , I only count 18 on the poll ..
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 655 Officer
    Sounds like 26th is the date so I'll plan on coming then unless you make a new poll to vote on the date. Loft works fine but I'm up for a new location if you have anymore ideas. I'll be there either way.
    I hear the Loft has some new management. I guess oceanmasterconk (forum guy) still owns it ?

One of the reasons we go there.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,131 AG
    Grady-lady wrote: »
    That's cool! - we've taken a couple busloads of special needs kids to a weekday Fishing Derby in years past - I've fried up fingerling cats for the whole school on many occasions...(small school). Some of the kids would eat them whole, bones and all.

I just happen to know some folks who live near there. Need any more volunteers?
    Ask huntmaster (chuck) or Allenr in the general hunting section or pm him, we can probably always use some help..

I and I would like to know where to get some fingerling cats... seriously.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
This discussion has been closed.