Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Triple tail

Are they showing up down there like they are up here? It has been crazy, everyone is loading up on barely legal tts off of crab pots and marker boyeys ( all different depths, a buddy even caught a short off cut bait in a creek). They haven't ever been like this since ive been fishing here. Kinda like how the rabbit fish just showed up in huge numbers all of a sudden. Strange, but good
You should have been here yesterday

Replies

• Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 964 Officer
    I haven't caught any outta horseshoe
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,959 Captain
    They are pretty thick right now. Most of the ones we've been seeing are at the bottom of the slot. A few are larger though.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 964 Officer
    im going to have to take you with me jim, I would love to catch one they say they are delicious, I've never even seen one in person
  • RottenRotten Posts: 465 Deckhand
    Caught a nice one off of Boca last Friday with Flight Risk.
    Music is Life, learn to play and Live!!!! I also Love to Fish!!!
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,959 Captain
    Rick1-2 wrote: »
    im going to have to take you with me jim, I would love to catch one they say they are delicious, I've never even seen one in person

That sounds good to me. I haven't been fishing at Horseshoe lately but I'm almost positive they've got to be out in the bays and stuff. Though I've heard the Suwannee is pumping some dark water that might make actually seeing the fish tough! Just run out into open water thats 6-12 feet deep and look for them. Run crab traps and channel markers, and keep your eyes peeled for any bright spots in the water, they're really distinct looking.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,211 Moderator
    Kinda like how the rabbit fish just showed up in huge numbers all of a sudden. Strange, but good

:Agree
    "You'll get your weather"