Throw cushions

isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
How many throw cushions are required for a 21 foot boat?

Replies

• Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    I'll quote from the USCG publication "Federal Requirements and Safety Tips for Recreational Boats" page 7, para 3

"All recreational boats must carry one Type 1, II, III or V PFD (wearable) for each person aboard. For Type V PFD's to be counted they must be used according to their label requirements. Any boat 16ft and longer (except canoes and kayaks) must also carry one Type IV (Throwable) PFD."

Hope this helps out ISLA :USA

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Officer
    It really has more to do with the decorators plan, the seating arrangement and the overall look of the room.....

fung shway
  • tekmunkitekmunki Posts: 668 Officer
    isla21 wrote: »
    How many throw cushions are required for a 21 foot boat?

I carry a single one and passed the USCG free vessel inspection. I wouldn't refer to them as cushions because it insinuates sitting on the device- which can wear it out, cause less buoyancy, and eventually rip the edges.

I used to sit on one to keep it from flying off my boat underway- but after a few trips, I realized it probably wouldn't save anyone and replaced it.
    (avoid storing it below deck where it will get swamped too)
    sigsmallx.jpg
    Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
    A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!