Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boat-show roll call

I'm heading to the show on Friday with my better half. Have a list of things to look for and a couple of boats to check out...
along with the obligatory people watching of course
  • Custom Fuel bladders - basic info
  • Telescoping outriggers - looking for a deal
  • Electric reels - just starting to check those out
  • Latch replacement for the splash well
  • Foam for coaming bolster rehab

oh yeah, :beer too

If your going, what are you looking for?

Replies

• copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    I'll be going sunday with the wife & little one (stroller hides 12pack cooler).

I'll be looking at a bunch of stuff I cannot afford but wish I could. Then headed to therapist first thing monday.

PFD's, DD reels, clothing & rigs for me. Oh & more PFD's!
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    When I was "in the bizz" and doing boat shows for 15+ years we referred to Sunday as "stroller day". You'll fit right in. Good call on the cooler too.
    I thought I sent you a link of where to look for DD reels, no?
    I'm sure you will see many many "PFD's" while you are there. They are certainly best viewed away from the finger piers. This will save you the money of having to replace your cell phone and perhaps a doctor bill.
    We might do a drive/float by depending on the weather and if we do I'll give you a shout.
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    I'm off friday and was thinking about heading over there...I need a few new kites for the season, looking for a nice jigging set up as well, something i can slang the butterfly jig with
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    I thought I sent you a link of where to look for DD reels, no?

Hooka brother up??
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    I'll be going sunday with the wife & little one (stroller hides 12pack cooler).

I'll be looking at a bunch of stuff I cannot afford but wish I could. Then headed to therapist first thing monday.

PFD's, DD reels, clothing & rigs for me. Oh & more PFD's!

Let me know, Will and his familia and ours may be going Sunday as well.
  • chiliandochiliando Posts: 609 Officer
    The boy and I will go on Friday. No school so I will take the day off.
  • alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,666 Captain
    be there on sunday.

• HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    Then headed to the **** first thing monday.

PFD's, DD reels, clothing & O-rings for me. Oh & more PFD's!

good luck.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,207 AG
    alacrity wrote: »
    be there on sunday.

Same here! Miss New Zealand will be with me so let's see if we can grab a beer together!

I'll take a wad of cash and probably buy a few little things that I really don't need, but our main mission is to give another healthy, long inspection to the Pursuit OS 345...... to make sure that we really want to look for a slightly used one......... awesome boats.
  • Venture Ho!Venture Ho! Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Gary M wrote: »
    Same here! Miss New Zealand will be with me so let's see if we can grab a beer together!

I'll take a wad of cash and probably buy a few little things that I really don't need, but our main mission is to give another healthy, long inspection to the Pursuit OS 345...... to make sure that we really want to look for a slightly used one......... awesome boats.

Whoa, don't you mean the Grady White Express 330? How can you even think about something else :)
  • nbseafrognbseafrog Posts: 521 Officer
    Decent crowd at the show today for a Thursday. The PFDs were in force today as well. Hope it's a sign of a VERY boyant boat show this year. Safety First!!!
    Catch 'em up!

Nick
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    I just got back today...

Wow very small show IMHO

Exhibitors seemed to be skinny on product they had at the show and did not see any OMG prices on items. Mostly standard fair...

Favorite boat exhibitor : Beer17 - amazing how much upkeep they can pack into a basic skiff (but it is easy on the eyes)
    Favorite drink stand : Fresh Lemonade (just add tequila)

Stupidest action or item : Rent a cop checking everyone's picture ID before entering the "port" The terrorist must be pizzed! foiled again!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,207 AG
    Whoa, don't you mean the Grady White Express 330? How can you even think about something else :)

After three great Gradys (20, 25 & 30) almost 30 Bahamas trips (made three in the 20!), it's time to move into a new direction. We "like" the 330 Grady but really "love" the 34 Pursuit........... it better fits our future wants and needs and will probably be our last boat.......

With regards to the comment above about the vendors skimping on products to display, we were VERY disappointed in the last Palm Beach Boat Show for that same reason and will never make the trek up there again......... (although we found some very cool patio furniture there that we may buy!).

We'll be there tomorrow around noon and I plan to raise hell with the Simrad folks there about some sorry customer service......
  • mclovinmclovin Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Wife and I will be there tomorrow around 2. My first boat show, so I'm excited. It should be a good time. I've got her blessing to buy a boat, but now I need to find one that I love.