Sensational Sunrise - SI inshore -5/8

First time fishing in two weeks and I'm not sure what was better, the spectacular sunrise or the snook bite. Fished solo on Saturday and literally came home with sore forearms from battling overslot snook and bruiser jack crevalles. While I released larger fish, I only have one picture from Saturday, a nearby kayak fisherman was kind enough to take a pic of with me with a 32" snook. Took my buddy Brian on Sunday. Although Saturday morning was better, we still had a heck of a Sunday morning. Brian even got one small enough to keep, 32 inches on the dot.
First fish of the day:

Brian with a nice one:

Me with a big girl:

Brian's 32" table model

My 32" from Saturday morning

Sebastian sunrise this morning:

Replies

• CJB11CJB11 Posts: 93 Deckhand
    wow you seem to have them dialed in if you ever need a fishing partner let me know the gas is on me....Well done
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    All over them big girls.. nice work man awesome pics.. Last time I hit the salt I found some monster snook but they refused to hit plastic.. Were you fishin arti or bait?
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 365 Officer
    Nice fish!
  • knotsknots Posts: 46 Deckhand
    real nice....I have to out there. can i come with you....:crossed
  • LivinTheDreamPCLivinTheDreamPC Posts: 221 Deckhand
    great pictures and report!!! the sunrise one is pretty enough you could put on your fireplace mantel. nice work.
  • Nautical TensionNautical Tension Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Watch your background exposure for cyber scouters.

Shhhh!!!

Unless you know the area really well those spots look like every other waterfront property in Sebastian. Trust me, I was looking for similar docks last time I was out!!!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,940 AG

It's as big a secret as the North jetty.....:)
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • jmsnookmanjmsnookman Posts: 124 Deckhand

Not really worried about the "cyber scouters". This area gets quite a bit of fishing pressure as does the rest of our inshore waters. Just a few years back, I would hardly see another boat fishing these docks; and if they were, they were not fishing the docks effectively. It is frustrating to be geared up and headed to one of "my spots" only to find another angler already there. Odds are they are not fishing it effectively and they will probably blow the fish out. Although, I am starting to find more and more anglers who are fishing it the way I do. I wonder if I am to blame or if they figured it out on their own. Between taking friends and customers over the years, I have shown these spots and exactly how I fish them to at least 20 different guys. I would do it again. It is a pretty darn good feeling to put someone on their best fish ever or show a skilled angler a new technique or new area. I have also come to realize that my fishing spots are not "my spots", even if I discovered them on my own and have fished them for years. Someone has fished the area before me and someone will fish it after me.
    ^^^ Spoken like a true FL Sportsman!
  • LivinTheDreamPCLivinTheDreamPC Posts: 221 Deckhand
    ^^^ here here!!! high five on your karmatic view of things.... true. so many of us forget that 'our spots' were somebody elses spots before we found them. and 'our spots' will be somebody elses after we are taking the dirt nap. good words there skipper!! again great pictures, and report as well.
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 447 Deckhand
    ^^^ here here!!! high five on your karmatic view of things.... true. so many of us forget that 'our spots' were somebody elses spots before we found them. and 'our spots' will be somebody elses after we are taking the dirt nap. good words there skipper!! again great pictures, and report as well.

well said, couldn't agree more!
    Great pics and story!
    Now if you wouldn't mind explaining how you fish this structure a little more..........
    Just kidding, KP
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,579 Captain
    Fish VERY quietly to start.
  • LiquidLifeLiquidLife Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    jmsnookman wrote: »
    Not really worried about the "cyber scouters". This area gets quite a bit of fishing pressure as does the rest of our inshore waters. Just a few years back, I would hardly see another boat fishing these docks; and if they were, they were not fishing the docks effectively. It is frustrating to be geared up and headed to one of "my spots" only to find another angler already there. Odds are they are not fishing it effectively and they will probably blow the fish out. Although, I am starting to find more and more anglers who are fishing it the way I do. I wonder if I am to blame or if they figured it out on their own. Between taking friends and customers over the years, I have shown these spots and exactly how I fish them to at least 20 different guys. I would do it again. It is a pretty darn good feeling to put someone on their best fish ever or show a skilled angler a new technique or new area. I have also come to realize that my fishing spots are not "my spots", even if I discovered them on my own and have fished them for years. Someone has fished the area before me and someone will fish it after me.

Well be prepared to see more amigo...:crowd
  • redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer
    Amigo, could care less,...

The Navy could show and he would still catch worthy fish.