Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Need Guide Names- May- Tarpon & Snorkeling- My Wife & I- Key West/Little Torch

I need guide recommendations for the Key West/Little Torch Key area for 2 weeks in May. I plan to book multiple days. I definitely would like to tarpon fish and do some snorkeling. I've spoken to one guide already. I need to book the trips soon as I suspect they fill up fast. I do not wish to fly fish- conventional tackle is preferred. And I don't care if these are flats tarpon or deep water. I just want to catch some. I fish with guides all along the Gulf Coast so I know the drill. I just got overwhelmed when I Googled Key West guides. I fish Venice, LA. a lot and I can quickly tell you the top guides over there. I am hoping you all can tell me the top guides in KW. I plan to hit the Dry Tortugas one day while we are there. I'd be open to other suggestions besides the guided tarpon trip(s) and the guided snorkeling trip. I thank you in advance for your help.

Mike
Pensacola, FL.

Replies

• DogDocDogDoc Posts: 686 Officer
    Piner-Wahoo on the Forum has great reviews and shares alot of info in his posts.
    Bill Welder, (Captainbill.net) will get you on tarpon like no other.
    (Both of them are closer to Little Torch in the Lower Keys.)
  • mdrobe2mdrobe2 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I booked 2 trips with Piner Wahoo but I am still interested in hearing about other guides and activities/trips down there. Please keep the advice coming, and thanks.