Dunedin Honeymoon island

Hey fellas,
I am visiting the Dunedin/ Honey moon Island area for the weekend. I am bringing my gheenoe and kayak to try and fish the area a bit (have a bay boat but not bringing it). Any general advice or directions of the area to try? Any trouble spots or things an out of town guy should know. I have my 6 pack charter license and live in St. Augustine (fish mostly inshore reds trout flounder etc.) and would gladly give any advice about my area in return as well as welcome anyone visiting my area to join me when I go out fishing. I make it down to Dunedin 3-4 times a year and would love to make a few fishing buddies to network with in the area as well. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cory

Replies

• KortsmanKortsman Posts: 266 Deckhand
    The flats at the Dunedin causeway are good early in the morning. Catch the tide and you can expect trout, redfish, etc. I don't have a kayak, but there's a boating channel along the flats. I'd bet that's a pretty good staging area.
    I've never fished the little islands on the north side of the bridge, but I'd imagine that they would produce as well.
    Get out there before the boat traffic starts and you should be able to find a bite!
  • floridascubafloridascuba Posts: 94 Deckhand
    Snook should start showing up on the beaches. Just walk the beach. 5-6 feet of water will net you plenty of trout. I haven't been out in a few weeks but plan to be out this weekend looking for pompano and triple tail.