Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

Monster Channel Catfish!

FloridaHunter1FloridaHunter1 MemberCallahan FlPosts: 84 Deckhand
This past Saturday I went out with a friend to a private pond to go fish. We had went to 1 of two pond and caught a bunch of bream and 3 nice catfish, 5-8 pounds. Then we moved to the next pond down the trail and I casted out a bream head on the bottom for a big catfish. About 20 minutes later I got a big bite and the fight was on! The fish rose to the surface and splashed, then it just started peeling my 30 pound Spider Wire braid like nothing. I finally got it in as my friend drug it up the bank, we knew it was at least 20 Pounds or more! We kept fishing as we kept it on a stringer, after not catching anything else we tied it on the truck and drove to town showing off our big catch, getting many thumbs up on the way. We brought it to the Ace Hardware in town to weigh it on their scales since we did not have one. Everyone came out to take pictures and look at the fish. We put it on the first scale and it bottomed it at 20 pounds, so they brought out a bigger one and it set at 25 pounds. It was the biggest fish I've ever caught.

Replies