Home Conservation Forums

Experation date vs purchase date

farside88farside88 Posts: 495 Deckhand
I purchased the gold sportsman license this March. It says all licenses are valid for 1 year. Obviously all the licenses were purchased at the same time, since it's a package deal, but the snook permit says it expires 2016-10-14. I've hd the same problem with migratory bird in the past. Either, it won't let me purchase it at the time I need to renew my license, or it expires before season starts.
Will an officer see I purchased the Gold Sportsman in March and allow me the benefit of the doubt that my snook permit is valid, or will the see the exiled date and write me up? More importantly, what will the judge say?

Replies

• NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Moderator
    You may want to contact your local FWC. Someone may respond on here but they do not actively monitor this forum.
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement
  • farside88farside88 Posts: 495 Deckhand
    To follow up. At your suggestion I called the local FWC office. The reason the snook permit shows up is due to a previous license that is still valid. Once it expires the Gold will be valid until it is time to renew.
  • NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Moderator
    farside88 wrote: »
    To follow up. At your suggestion I called the local FWC office. The reason the snook permit shows up is due to a previous license that is still valid. Once it expires the Gold will be valid until it is time to renew.

Thanks for posting the response, others my need the info also.
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement
  • Get the lifetime license!

Best part is two fold, all species covered so you don't need snook or crawfish stamps, and the license fee is invested not spent, only the interest on that investment is spent meaning your license fee keeps giving forever!
  • hossmosshossmoss Posts: 1,325 Officer
    You may want to contact your local FWC. Someone may respond on here but they do not actively monitor this forum.

They sure actively monitored it when I was setting up the bait co-op! Wasted no time knocking on my door to "instruct" me on what was proper. Certainly better than waiting and watching to "catch" me naively doing something improper.

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: http://northeastfloridabaitcoop.com/

2012 Cape Horn 31T with twin Yamaha F300s

• hossmoss wrote: »
    They sure actively monitored it when I was setting up the bait co-op! Wasted no time knocking on my door to "instruct" me on what was proper. Certainly better than waiting and watching to "catch" me naively doing something improper.

Yep, they are also pretty good at catching the keys guides who post grouper out of season, etc.