Hey Pro-Lifers, here's your chance

Replies

• navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,430 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    you have no idea what is going on, do you?

Proving demonstrated knowledge and skills to be certified at a skill or trade is a wee bit important. Ask some of he Hurricane Andrew victims that paid money for repairs and roofs that vanished in thin air. If you ever need a neurosurgeon, save yourself some money and fly to Chihuahua Mexico and get it done. Or even better, I could come lay your tile for you. :rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,140 AG

Connecting more dots that aren't there as part of a fantastic religious view of America is not Republican process.

That's like saying Trump is not representative of the GOP, though he is their front runner. It's a nice fantasy, but just not so.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,508 Captain
    It is a woman's body let her decide.
    Etichal point of view. Indeed for many a pregnant woman has two bodies to manage, not only one (and in a biological perspective they are absolutely right, the neuronal activity starts from the third week, if I remembe well).
    Moreover this would exclude any masculine responsability (indeed free abortion isn't a female win but a male win. Men have discharged themselves from any responsability delegating any decision to the women, as usual :rolleyes).
    It is God's job to judge her, not man's.

The Christian thing to do is to offer, not force, better options for women considering abortion.
    Agree.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    gunby31 wrote: »
    I have two simple questions...

Is it your position that abortions should be illegal nationwide?

If they were made illegal nationwide and a women then chooses to abort her fetus, what should the penalty be?

Let's see who the chicken s**** are and those who have b**** like Trump.

Conservatives will follow the law and liberals won't. Pretty simple.
    When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

- Frederic Bastiat
    Liberal thought process carried to its logical conclusion. Lets extend late term abortion to about 20 years. If your kid has caused you any measure of inconvenience you should be able to toss him/her into a wood chipper.
    When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

- Frederic Bastiat
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,809 Admiral
    That's like saying Trump is not representative of the GOP, though he is their front runner. It's a nice fantasy, but just not so.

its like saying you are intellectually honest all the time
    Finfinder wrote: »
    its like saying you are intellectually honest all the time

Is Trump not the GOP front-runner by a yuge margin?
    Is Trump not the GOP front-runner by a yuge margin?

You are the best man, I love your comments.... you could read 1000 word opinion piece and hang on 2 words.

You should ask Mitt Romney he has taken over the GOP
    Finfinder wrote: »
    You are the best man, I love your comments.... you could read 1000 word opinion piece and hang on 2 words.

Silly me, judging Trump by the words that he speaks, crazy.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    JBond wrote: »
    Liberal thought process carried to its logical conclusion. Lets extend late term abortion to about 20 years. If your kid has caused you any measure of inconvenience you should be able to toss him/her into a wood chipper.

Not a bad idea, according to some Protestant nutcases:

So when Exodus 21:15-17 prescribes that cursing or striking a parent is to be punished by execution, that's fine with Gary North. "When people curse their parents, it unquestionably is a capital crime," he writes. "The integrity of the family must be maintained by the threat of death." Likewise with blasphemy, dealt with summarily in Leviticus 24:16: "And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him."

http://reason.com/archives/1998/11/01/invitation-to-a-stoning

The Biblically approved methods of execution include burning (at the stake for example), stoning, hanging, and "the sword." Gary North, the self-described economist of Reconstructionism, prefers stoning because, among other things, stones are cheap, plentiful, and convenient. Punishments for non-capital crimes generally involve whipping, restitution in the form of indentured servitude, or slavery. Prisons would likely be only temporary holding tanks, prior to imposition of the actual sentence.

According to Gary North, women who have abortions should be publicly executed, "along with those who advised them to abort their children." Rushdoony concludes: "God's government prevails, and His alternatives are clear-cut: either men and nations obey His laws, or God invokes the death penalty against them." Reconstructionists insist that "the death penalty is the maximum, not necessarily the mandatory penalty." However, such judgments may depend less on Biblical Principles than on which faction gains power in the theocratic republic. The potential for bloodthirsty episodes on the order of the Salem witchcraft trials or the Spanish Inquisition is inadvertently revealed by Reconstructionist theologian Rev. Ray Sutton, who claims that the Reconstructed Biblical theocracies would be "happy" places, to which people would flock because "capital punishment is one of the best evangelistic tools of a society."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/religion-and-abuse-judge-_b_1077778.html
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    It is a woman's body let her decide.

It is God's job to judge her, not man's.

The Christian thing to do is to offer, not force, better options for women considering abortion.

Does that include letting 'her' pay for it too??????
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).
    Silly me, judging Trump by the words that he speaks, crazy.

I agree, that you judge and put anybody that disagrees with you in a box. Its always just black and white with you right? Which is surprising knowing a little about your background. Or maybe you don't believe any of that stuff and its just about the troll. :wink
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,199 Captain
    Why should a guy pay for a kid they don't want. If a women gets pregnant, she should be obligated to inform all the potential fathers, within the window of opportunity that an abortion can be administered. If he declines to be a consenting partner he should be allowed to simply opt out of any further responsibility by surrendering all parental rights and obligations. Fair is fair, if given no voice in the decision he should have no responsibility for the decisions of the mother.
    Not a bad idea, according to some Protestant nutcases:

So when Exodus 21:15-17 prescribes that cursing or striking a parent is to be punished by execution, that's fine with Gary North. "When people curse their parents, it unquestionably is a capital crime," he writes. "The integrity of the family must be maintained by the threat of death." Likewise with blasphemy, dealt with summarily in Leviticus 24:16: "And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him."

http://reason.com/archives/1998/11/01/invitation-to-a-stoning

The Biblically approved methods of execution include burning (at the stake for example), stoning, hanging, and "the sword." Gary North, the self-described economist of Reconstructionism, prefers stoning because, among other things, stones are cheap, plentiful, and convenient. Punishments for non-capital crimes generally involve whipping, restitution in the form of indentured servitude, or slavery. Prisons would likely be only temporary holding tanks, prior to imposition of the actual sentence.

According to Gary North, women who have abortions should be publicly executed, "along with those who advised them to abort their children." Rushdoony concludes: "God's government prevails, and His alternatives are clear-cut: either men and nations obey His laws, or God invokes the death penalty against them." Reconstructionists insist that "the death penalty is the maximum, not necessarily the mandatory penalty." However, such judgments may depend less on Biblical Principles than on which faction gains power in the theocratic republic. The potential for bloodthirsty episodes on the order of the Salem witchcraft trials or the Spanish Inquisition is inadvertently revealed by Reconstructionist theologian Rev. Ray Sutton, who claims that the Reconstructed Biblical theocracies would be "happy" places, to which people would flock because "capital punishment is one of the best evangelistic tools of a society."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/religion-and-abuse-judge-_b_1077778.html

Good thing I'm not a member of a weird cult. Gary has not done his homework and is clearly wrong. The New Covenant replaced the Jewish laws.

- Frederic Bastiat
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Why should a guy pay for a kid they don't want. If a women gets pregnant, she should be obligated to inform all the potential fathers, within the window of opportunity that an abortion can be administered. If he declines to be a consenting partner he should be allowed to simply opt out of any further responsibility by surrendering all parental rights and obligations. Fair is fair, if given no voice in the decision he should have no responsibility for the decisions of the mother.

It's called assumption of the risk. If the guy does not want to have to support the kid then the guy should have not of had sex with the mother in the first place.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Good thing I'm not a member of a weird cult. Gary has not done his homework and is clearly wrong. The New Covenant replaced the Jewish laws.

Christian Reconstructionism is more of political movement than cult. It recruits though homeschooling using Christian centric and historical revisionist textbooks. Gary is employed by Ron Paul (yeah that one) to develop his program.

Here's how it works.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    chubasco wrote: »
    It's called assumption of the risk. If the guy does not want to have to support the kid then the guy should have not of had sex with the mother in the first place.
    So women shouldn't be assumed equal to men or vise versa.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    chubasco wrote: »

Of course it takes "Two to Tango". Are there any laws (that you know of) that protect a man and this risk? No agenda, or leading. Serious question. I know I've certainly been lucky in my lifetime. Men ain't too bright sometimes.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    is more of political movement than cult.

Where have I heard that before? It sound familiar. Oh yeah, the Catholics... Part political, part cult. Very little sound theology.

- Frederic Bastiat
    mikev wrote: »
    Of course it takes "Two to Tango". Are there any laws (that you know of) that protect a man and this risk? No agenda, or leading. Serious question. I know I've certainly been lucky in my lifetime. Men ain't too bright sometimes.
    Are women allowed to have an abortion without the consent of the other partner.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Conservatives will follow the law and liberals won't. Pretty simple.

What is pretty simple are the two questions I asked in the OP. You are dodging like 99% of Republicans who don't want to make public their true position on the abortion issue.

Trump had the guts to tell the truth.
    gunby31 wrote: »
    What is pretty simple are the two questions I asked in the OP. You are dodging like 99% of Republicans who don't want to make public their true position on the abortion issue.

Trump had the guts to tell the truth.

Your inability to comprehend the answer is not my fault. If a law is broken there should be a punishment. Simple stuff really.

- Frederic Bastiat
    Where have I heard that before? It sound familiar. Oh yeah, the Catholics... Part political, part cult. Very little sound theology.

:grin Catholics have schools, many are Jesuit, like Jorge. They are not well known as cultist and they know how to separate faith from science and governance.

• gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    If a law is broken there should be a punishment. Simple stuff really.

They tag themselves with Bernie and hillary stickers.

- Frederic Bastiat
    have any of you advocating these hardline abortion stances ever spoken to a friend who has had one about it?
    have any of you advocating these hardline abortion stances ever spoken to a friend who has had one about it?

hardline? The question was if someone broke a hypothetical law, should they be punished? hardly hardline. My personal view is abortion should be outlawed after any point the unborn baby is developed enough to feel pain. I think it is reasonable.

- Frederic Bastiat
    hardline? The question was if someone broke a hypothetical law, should they be punished? hardly hardline. My personal view is abortion should be outlawed after any point the unborn baby is developed enough to feel pain. I think it is reasonable.

a few states just introduced anesthesia legislation to that topic.
  • optimistic Angleroptimistic Angler Posts: 599 Officer
    I can't imagine any woman that has an abortion is not punished from inside. Maybe dreams of baby or every time she sees a child the her child would have been. There's a lot of baggage.
    a few states just introduced anesthesia legislation to that topic.

At what point is the unborn child considered a human? Legal definitions vary by state, but if he/she can feel pain, maybe we should be reconsidering what we are doing. Is it Ok for me to murder an annoying 20 year old as long as it is not painful? Of course not, but the distinction society has made, based on age, is purely arbitrary.

- Frederic Bastiat