Visiting my silver friends....Key West, 3/24/16...coming soon to a theatre near you..

Well, it is almost time to stop talking to the wife, petting the dog, paying attention to the cat...you guessed it, tarpon are coming so I tend to become sort of single minded.....

My wife is a teacher so we were in Key West last week for a few days for her spring break. Had to go see my friends before they come see me....

https://youtu.be/T5jjIJ2tfvE

Since they are coming in full force, nobody will talk about them....they are around already but it is about to go bat shizzit crazy....

Reels are all serviced, new line, hooks sharp, crabs flushing, it is about to be game on!!!!

Tight lines...
In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,337 AG
    Nice!

You do any catching down there, or just feeding?
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,967 Captain
    Nope...just a relaxing few days with the wife.
  • ChasinPoonChasinPoon Posts: 85 Deckhand
    Gonna be a good year! Can't wait to hang with ya!
    Fly 'Em High Charters
    Capt. Bobby Woodard
    www.Captain-Bobby.com
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 924 Officer
    that video gives away our secret...who said tarpon were hard to get to eat a bait? Now that's how we feed em when they roll next to the boat, give the hook and let em run!!!
    Had to cancel our trip to everglades a couple weeks ago. So I got the itch, bad, too.
  • stpetebaitmanstpetebaitman Posts: 893 Officer
    Can't wait til June when the tarpon arrive! :)
  • dsteus1dsteus1 Posts: 85 Deckhand
    Last 3 weeks there's been a lot of tarpon around the south side bridge at night on either tide or any moon phase in the shadow line, they haven't been fished much yet, I throw my net right by em and they come right back up not afraid of a 12ft net landing almost on top of them! Lots of blue crabs to dip for bait as-well! Most the fish ive seen have been that perfect size fish for bridge fishing 40-75 lbs with a few big girls in there 100+
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,967 Captain
    SHHHH....nobody actually talks about tarpon once they show up.....:wink
  • 2WayCenter2WayCenter Posts: 225 Officer
    CaptainBly wrote: »
    SHHHH....nobody actually talks about tarpon once they show up.....:wink

lol