Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Close encounter panther video

TheSnookManTheSnookMan Posts: 430 Deckhand
Not my video but here is a close call with a panther at corkscrew boardwalk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aCgeGLo4FU

Replies

• PinmanPinman Posts: 3,423 Captain
    ****!!! Id be bailing over the side of that railing!
  • MCSHunterMCSHunter Posts: 825 Officer
    I caught the tail end of the news this morning here in Miami about one being on the front doorstep of a house in Ft Myers. But don't worry, there are only 120 left and at least 40 per year are killed by cars, so they'll all be gone soooooon.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 10,670 AG
    Makes the early morning Dark Thirty walk to your stand a whole lot more interesting...:wink
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,395 Officer
    According to our resident expert Binellishtr that would definitely be classified as a panther attack on a human. You can plainly see that the panther was stalking that woman and if he hadn't missed his target we would have had our first ever human death due to those merciless, skulking, ferocious beasts.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Cat's body langage looked non-confrontational like it was using the boardwalk as a travel corridor. Prob uses routinely. Didn't look like a stalk at all. Still would be a little unnerving. We watching the video are not seeing the cat as quickly as the woman. Looks like a coincidence that they were both on the boardwalk at the same time. Just my opinion.
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • roachbusterroachbuster Posts: 553 Officer
    Honostly I prob would have drilled it with the glock..when It turned that corner on the bordwalk their would be no way of knowing what its intentions was
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,847 Captain
    In hindsight its obvious the cat was just trying to get out of Dodge. But while it was happening I wouldn't have blamed the filmer at all for shooting it when it started to apparently speed up towards the person.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,339 Captain
    MCSHunter wrote: »
    I caught the tail end of the news this morning here in Miami about one being on the front doorstep of a house in Ft Myers.

Easterly Fort Myers. Many would be/are happy to live adjacent to Cat Range,Teritory,relatively 'undeveloped'.Downright Priviledge!Sure beats living next door to Liberty City
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,181 Officer
    Looked like the cat was just as surprised as the one who was filming. Me thinks an underwear change would be in order after that one.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    That was cool. What an encounter. That is one lucky person to get to see that like that. really cool.
    Poor cat was scared to death. I am surprised she held the camera steady, usually in these home videos the camera goes to the sky or ground for half the shot and is really hard to tell what the heck is going on.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers