Home Off Topic

If you have got an idiot face you're probably an idiot

BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
Never demonstrated by the science, but often isn't necessary :wink

Ben Innes on why he took a photo with EgyptAir hijacker Seif Eldin Mustafa

The 26-year-old British health and safety auditor describes why he posed for picture while held hostage on flight MS181

A British man who posed smiling for a photo with a hijacker on board an EgyptAir flight has said he did it to take “a closer look” at the apparent explosives belt, adding: “I figured if his bomb was real I’d nothing to lose anyway.”

Read more (and take a look at the pic :grin): http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/30/briton-ben-innes-posed-selfie-egyptair-hijacker-praised-by-relatives

The social-media/smartphone zombies are a big issue of the third millennium :rolleyes.
Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
********************************************************************************************************************************
I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Replies

• M.MagisM.Magis Posts: 204 Deckhand
    Which one is the idiot?
    Has the definition of selfie changed?
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 5,970 Admiral
    Good point :wink
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    A different take in the situation

http://turtleboysports.com/guy-who-took-picture-with-the-wannabe-egyptian-terrorist-who-hijacked-his-plan-is-a-****-legend/

So there was a hijacking on an Egyptian airliner the other day when some idiot trying to get back with his ex-wife strapped a fake bomb to his chest and diverted the Cairo-bound flight to Cyprus. That’s when a British jokester saw the once in a lifetime opportunity to pose for a picture with the guy who was holding him hostage and he took it:
    His name is Ben Innes, and he is a legend. Absolute legend. Sure, some people would try to tackle the would-be fake terrorist or escalate the situation. But that was before God invented Instagram. Awesome sunglasses too. In all honesty, it seemed pretty implausible from the start that this guy was a real terrorist. For starters he’s old, skinny, and seemingly acting alone. Pretty sure ISIS wouldn’t send the geriatric retiree to do such an important job. Also pretty sure no one in ISIS lives to be this guy’s age. Might as well snap a photograph so you can show your kids proof that you took on a terrorist and survived. Pretty bad *** street cred right there.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Yeah, its the young fat ones traveling in packs that we need to watch out for.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,807 Admiral
    Nice vacation photo

looks like they were having a blast
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”