HB 1411

WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
:applause

I am surprised you all missed this.

R.S. watching out for your pocketbook again. Great financial decision for the tax payers of Florida.

Text:

Today, Gov. Rick Scott signed HB 1411 into law, which significantly cuts taxpayer funding to ...........Planned Parenthood......... Florida is now the 12th state to defund Planned Parenthood from accessing state taxpayer dollars.........

http://flfamily.org/press-releases/florida-becomes-the-12th-state-to-de-fund-planned-parenthood/
Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.

Replies

• rickcrickc Posts: 9,171 Admiral
    Another blow to american's health care brought to you by the party of greed, hatred, bigotry and fear
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,866 Admiral
    Our moron governor vetoed this bill. And on the local news they showed some other moron that said that the house and senate of the state needed to stay out of health care.

Apparently there is a lot of people that don't understand what elected officials are supposed to do?
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,429 AG
    I take the fifth.....73 times.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    rickc wrote: »
    Another blow to american's health care brought to you by the party of greed, hatred, bigotry and fear

How so?
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer

How so? Medicaid, Obama care. Still plenty of handouts flowing from the tax payers to people that didn't earn it. There is no reason to fund abortion mills.
    When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

- Frederic Bastiat
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    dave44 wrote: »
    Our moron governor vetoed this bill. And on the local news they showed some other moron that said that the house and senate of the state needed to stay out of health care.

Apparently there is a lot of people that don't understand what elected officials are supposed to do?

What part of their duties are you confused about?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,866 Admiral
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    What part of their duties are you confused about?

I guess I'm confused about the part where our elected officials are supposed to use the funds they take from us in a judicious manner. I don't see funding abortions as one of those obligations I should pay for.

So. You have a different outlook on pp? They really don't provide much in the way of medical care, I hear?

Maybe I should also direct you to my name and residence?

<~~~~~ Virginia. We voted in one of the sleaziest and crooked of progressives as our governor. The past leader of the dem party, Terry McAuliffe. Selling nights in the Lincoln bedroom to the highest bidder during Clinton?
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    JBond wrote: »
    Medicaid, Obama care.

My point exactly. Doesn't Demcare pay PP? Why does PP need separate funding? Seems like double dipping to me.
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Don't two of you have young girls away at college for the first time?
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Force women to have unwanted babies, then throw them to the curb when born... Vote Republican.

The GOP's war on women marches on.
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Force women to have unwanted babies, then throw them to the curb when born... Vote Republican.

:funnypost Typical black and white fear-mongering from the left like there is no middle ground. Funny stuff.

Fear Mongering?

Then answer me this

If allowed to would the Republicans reverse Roe vs Wade? Force women into the back alley abortion butchers of years ago?

With the stand the Republicans have on welfare is there any chance that they would be willing to accept the responsibility of rearing these unwanted children?

I believe fear is warranted should the Republicans ever get the opportunity to force their opinions on America's women.

Just like the right. A bunch of self-righteous white males telling women what they have to do!
    anyway

abortion is just a small part of the services planned parenthood offers women. It is really a shame that republicans use a service like that as a political football.
  • NOLE66NOLE66 Posts: 1,630 Officer
    :applause

I am surprised you all missed this.

R.S. watching out for your pocketbook again. Great financial decision for the tax payers of Florida.

Text:

Today, Gov. Rick Scott signed HB 1411 into law, which significantly cuts taxpayer funding to ...........Planned Parenthood......... Florida is now the 12th state to defund Planned Parenthood from accessing state taxpayer dollars.........

http://flfamily.org/press-releases/florida-becomes-the-12th-state-to-de-fund-planned-parenthood/

Rick is doing exactly what he said he would do. Keep up the good work RS!
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,252 AG
    Democrats: Unwanted Babies = Black babies
    Fear Mongering?

Then answer me this

If allowed to would the Republicans reverse Roe vs Wade? Force women into the back alley abortion butchers of years ago?

With the stand the Republicans have on welfare is there any chance that they would be willing to accept the responsibility of rearing these unwanted children?

I believe fear is warranted should the Republicans ever get the opportunity to force their opinions on America's women.

Just like the right. A bunch of self-righteous white males telling women what they have to do!

:funnypost More fear-mongoring, like there is no middle ground. Liberals always paint the world B&W like there are tonalities of gray. Why do you do that?

As for your question. I don't have an answer. Question for you, why should responsible people like me have to pay for something that has been ruled a personal decision and not a health issue? Let them get all the abortions they want, I could not care less. I just dont think I should have to pay for it, and the state of FL apparently doesn't either. :grin
    anyway

abortion is just a small part of the services planned parenthood offers women. It is really a shame that republicans use a service like that as a political football.

Further, answer me this, why does PP think they are special, needing separate funding when they claim no govenment money is used for abortions? aren't the "healthcare" issues taken care of under DEMcare and other healthcare programs? Seems like double dipping to me, or maybe PP is lying, which is a real possibility.

• NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,270 Admiral
    anyway

Most of us would rather tax money not be used to fund the minority extermination part, however small.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    gunby31 wrote: »

Pure Bovine Excrement, the above is. One can get all the Abortions one is willing to pay for.

Oh snap, they don't want to pay for it, they want 'others' to pay.......

Vote Democrat, the party of 'what's mine is mine, what's yours is ours'.........
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).
    Fear Mongering?

Then answer me this

Yet you're willing to force 'your' opinion on the American people. But that's different, right?
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    I'm not that informed about this issue but with "day after pill or plan B" pills, involved parents putting their teen daughters on the pill and fathers teaching their boys about the reason for condoms isn't the need for abortions lower?
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    cpr wrote: »
    I'm not that informed about this issue but with "day after pill or plan B" pills, involved parents putting their teen daughters on the pill and fathers teaching their boys about the reason for condoms isn't the need for abortions lower?

What is this 'personal responsibility' blasphemy you speak here?
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,465 Admin
    ...The new legislation would block Medicaid from covering non-abortion medical services provided by clinics, including Planned Parenthood, that also happen to perform abortions. In other words, Medicaid recipients who require pre- and post-natal healthcare, HIV or cancer related services, as well as all varieties of preventative care, will be out of luck if their medical facility also performs abortions — even knowing that abortions are performed by different doctors than those covering non-abortion services. So, yes, Florida Republicans are punishing Medicaid recipients, including victims of unrelated diseases, by stripping them of their Medicaid coverage if their doctors happen to be employed by clinics that also perform abortions. The law, by the way, provides an exception for cases of ****, incest or threats to the lives of pregnant women....
    ...As if the legislation wasn’t ridiculously punitive enough, a list was circulated by the bill’s co-sponsors of clinics in the state that could continue to provide healthcare, including non-abortion reproductive and family-planning services, in accordance with the new law. The list of “federally qualified health centers,” or FQHCs, names foot doctors and, amazingly, prisons as options for women seeking affordable healthcare using Medicaid funds. That’s to say very few of the clinics on the list of FQHCs actually provide women’s healthcare services. Indeed, 67 clinics on the list are actually elementary and high school nurse’s offices....

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/29/floridas_hideous_new_anti_planned_parenthood_law_would_send_women_to_school_nurses_for_healthcare_instead/
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    And Nuevo claims to not be a lefty. Funny, funny stuff considering his so-called "source."

• Congrats guys, You owned the libs on this thread!
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,430 AG
    anyway

Well then you know the answer to that dilemma then. Lobby your representatives to ban that from funding. I'm actually pro choice if the first trimester. Or we can do this...........any free abortion comes with an obligatory tube burning. That seems like a good trade off. and money saver down the pike. Don't want your tubes tied? Then pay for your own abortions. Solved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Well then you know the answer to that dilemma then. Lobby your representatives to ban that from funding. I'm actually pro choice if the first trimester. Or we can do this...........any free abortion comes with an obligatory tube burning. That seems like a good trade off. and money saver down the pike. Don't want your tubes tied? Then pay for your own abortions. Solved!

Welcome to the Monkey House. :)
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,465 Admin
    And Nuevo claims to not be a lefty. Funny, funny stuff considering his so-called "source."

I've seen you source the NYTimes, so I guess that makes you a "lefty".
    Any argument with the content, rather than your knee-jerk disparagement of the source?
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!