Top Ten Reasons to Home School

123457»

Replies

• cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    greggl wrote: »
    "
    we have entwined 'good jobs' with debt and charity. it also keeps a ton of smart kids out of the workforce - who would be pushing for higher wages if they were in the trenches.

Kind of an oxymoron.
    If they were smart they would not have to pay for college.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    An Archbishop of Ireland solved the age of earth many moons ago. The date was October 23, 4004 BC
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    Kind of an oxymoron.
    If they were smart they would not have to pay for college.

vicious circle
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,508 Captain
    The MelMan wrote: »
    :) Most parents I know are concerned about their kids getting good grades, college scholarship money and good jobs..............the kids seem to have unusually good manners as kids go.
    Sorry, probably I mistaken the question, my poor English doesn't help.

I was speaking about Reconstructionists and I'm interested in your opinion.
    Indeed according to what Gary wrote Reconstructionists have in their program some points not properly Christian (e.g. stoning abortionists) and I would understand what the Christians like you think about them and their "program".

I'm asking because you and other Christians guys here, although an (in my opinion, be clear) anachronistic radicalism in the Bible interpretation, seem to be peaceful people who mainly want maintain their ancestral beliefs and avoid, as much as possible, the "interference" in their lives from the corruptions of the world outside.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,732 Captain
    Sorry, probably I mistaken the question, my poor English doesn't help.

I was speaking about Reconstructionists and I'm interested in your opinion.
    Indeed according to what Gary wrote Reconstructionists have in their program some points not properly Christian (e.g. stoning abortionists) and I would understand what the Christians like you think about them and their "program".

I'm asking because you and other Christians guys here, although an (in my opinion, be clear) anachronistic radicalism in the Bible interpretation, seem to be peaceful people who mainly want maintain their ancestral beliefs and avoid, as much as possible, the "interference" in their lives from the corruptions of the world outside.

I don't know any reconstructionists myself, certainly no one that would stone anyone, actually. As Jesus said, " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The old way was the way of judging and stoning, but I am not without sin. I might feel like killing somebody if I got really mad or they injured my family but I would be wrong to give in to anger, although sometimes I still do.
    God will judge. I can point out where someone is going wrong but I can't make them change. It has to be their decision. I do believe that God allows us to defend ourselves and our country from attack. Help any?
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    Probably not. They've got their own alternative "field trip" based on ghosts & magic in mind.

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/photo-preview/

Hope this read will help you with your confusion.
    http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius12/P12HUMAN.HTM
    The MelMan wrote: »
    I don't know any reconstructionists myself, certainly no one that would stone anyone, actually. As Jesus said, " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The old way was the way of judging and stoning, but I am not without sin. I might feel like killing somebody if I got really mad or they injured my family but I would be wrong to give in to anger, although sometimes I still do.
    God will judge. I can point out where someone is going wrong but I can't make them change. It has to be their decision. I do believe that God allows us to defend ourselves and our country from attack. Help any?
    Thanks for answer.

A shareable point of view.
    Independently by the inspiration and the religious beliefs in your thought, your whole attitude sounds absolutely reasonable, coherent and above all sustainable in the modern society.

My YouTube Channel

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Reconstructionism is a broad term and applies generally to any "Christian" who subscribes to the revisionist historical view that the United States was founded with intent of being a "Christian nation".

It does not need to be as bizarre or extreme belief as Mr. North holds and which permeates his "Christian" home schooling program.

The danger is the cultural conversion of Christianity to a political movement.

There is a growing distinction and disparity between those who see and understand Christianity as a spiritual faith and those like Mr. North, and Gary DeMar who strive to convert American culture to their version of Christianity.

There are two different types of American Christianity. One is the traditional faith practiced by people who aspire to live as Jesus is represented in the bible.

The other is a the growing civil and political philosophy representing itself as Christianity. That culture freely associates Christianity as a political movement, and encouraging engaging in defining public school curricula and practice of evangelism within it.

It also manifests itself more insidiously by proselyting hate, fear, violence towards other faiths by demonizing them which is in consistent with Jesus message of peace.

What we also see is Christian persecution towards other Christians who do wish to live as Jesus taught as we can see two posts above and elsewhere throughout this forum.

The paradox is that these "Christians" actually find the message of Jesus to be offensive, redefining it to rationalize that culture of fear and hate and violence.

We can see this political flavor of Christianity in activism expressed in the form of Dominison, based upon a religious Doctrine of Discovery, used by 15th century monarchs to invade and occupy foreign nations, the most famous of which is our own by George III, who claimed ownership through the Divine right of kings.

Jefferson's Declaration of Independence challenged that notion in the opening statement.

Yet oddly, The United States adopted the same doctrine as Manifest Destiny in subjugating the native American population.

That biblical declaration of man over all things is fundamental to this new Dominion of Christian faith. Oddly it is the very same thing that radical Islamists use to rationalize their acts of aggression on other native peoples, faith and cultures they vilify.

That culture of hate is easily recognizable by this culture of Christian dominionism, because it reflects their own so closely. The only difference being which book they choose to believe.

The sad thing is that they don't recognize it within themselves. It is though here, for all to see.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,820 Captain
    The 1st Century Christians, as reflected in their writings, had no thought of another type of "physical Zion" ruling mankind, including any future Government(s).
    Original Christianity was not an earthly political movement, nor was that its future intent...... but that is not what actually happened.
    a dude with some dudes, traveling around giving TED talks was absolutely an earthly political movement.
    a dude with some dudes, traveling around giving TED talks was absolutely an earthly political movement.

teaching work.
    dinner and a show
    dinner and a show

Lessons on social behavior. These could be applied to any form of Governing.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    Reconstructionism is a broad term and applies generally to any "Christian" who subscribes to the revisionist historical view that the United States was founded with intent of being a "Christian nation".

It does not need to be as bizarre or extreme belief as Mr. North holds and which permeates his "Christian" home schooling program.

The danger is the cultural conversion of Christianity to a political movement.

There is a growing distinction and disparity between those who see and understand Christianity as a spiritual faith and those like Mr. North, and Gary DeMar who strive to convert American culture to their version of Christianity.

There are two different types of American Christianity. One is the traditional faith practiced by people who aspire to live as Jesus is represented in the bible.

The other is a the growing civil and political philosophy representing itself as Christianity. That culture freely associates Christianity as a political movement, and encouraging engaging in defining public school curricula and practice of evangelism within it.

It also manifests itself more insidiously by proselyting hate, fear, violence towards other faiths by demonizing them which is in consistent with Jesus message of peace.

What we also see is Christian persecution towards other Christians who do wish to live as Jesus taught as we can see two posts above and elsewhere throughout this forum.

The paradox is that these "Christians" actually find the message of Jesus to be offensive, redefining it to rationalize that culture of fear and hate and violence.

We can see this political flavor of Christianity in activism expressed in the form of Dominison, based upon a religious Doctrine of Discovery, used by 15th century monarchs to invade and occupy foreign nations, the most famous of which is our own by George III, who claimed ownership through the Divine right of kings.

Jefferson's Declaration of Independence challenged that notion in the opening statement.

Yet oddly, The United States adopted the same doctrine as Manifest Destiny in subjugating the native American population.

That biblical declaration of man over all things is fundamental to this new Dominion of Christian faith. Oddly it is the very same thing that radical Islamists use to rationalize their acts of aggression on other native peoples, faith and cultures they vilify.

That culture of hate is easily recognizable by this culture of Christian dominionism, because it reflects their own so closely. The only difference being which book they choose to believe.

The sad thing is that they don't recognize it within themselves. It is though here, for all to see.

So it does smell like American Taliban?
    As expected two opposite points of view of the same thing.

As external observer isn't easy (better: impossible) understand the complexity of the situation, but I think that the goal could be work in order that the peaceful Christians (I believe they are still the majority) don't move toward the radical movement who use Christianity as useful brand to catch followers.
    So would be important avoiding the risk that the a radical religion identity will become a revenging instrument for frustrated people, exactly like it's happened for the radical Islam who has catalyzed the support of thousands (better: millions) of frustrated worldwide.

But to avoid this risk the first thing should be to limit the number of pissed off people, and this won't be achieved disregarding all their historical values, deriding their beliefs, systematically ignoring their opinions and meanwhile imposing to them some useless but politically correct rules, increase taxation on them for covering lazy people, giving extra-rights to some "protected species" they don't like, etc.
    And meanwhile should be also very useful, to keep calm this religious people, don't indulging so much with other religions (really dangerous, in the facts) finding any time some good reasons to justify their frequent criminal acts.
    And let me say that according to what I can perceive from outside 8 years of Obama's presidency didn't help.

Please, don't misunderstand me; I'm strongly convinced, coming from a nation where the clerical interference is huge and bothering, that the secularity (*) of the Institutions is fundamental to guarantee a pragmatic approach in any political decision, but meantime is also important staring at what the people think because of their beliefs, fighting immediately any dangerous istance but meantime without hit them with cold political revenges and avoiding to be scared by some naive "issues" (and let me say: if some Christians want believe in the Creation, in Noah Ark and in Adam & Eve, where is the problem ? They don't kill nobody for this, keep smiling and go ahead. Is more dangerous voodoo probably, and I'm sure you have a lot of voodooer there, you lack nothing in USA :grin).

Oh, about Jesus thoughts I'm afraid that the new Catholicism is forgetting something of them (at least, according to what George said the day after the Charlie Ebdo massacre. English subtitles embedded) :rolleyes.

* hope is correct, I googled and I meant "been laical".

My YouTube Channel

123457»