Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

fiberglass stick shallow water anchors

Looking to buy a couple for use at the sand bar. I saw a couple on line. One was fish sticks and the other was stick it. i was hoping to get 2 seven foot ones for under $100. Any local people or shops make them? Looking to mount them in holders on top of the t-top.

Replies

• KoOkY MoNsTeRKoOkY MoNsTeR Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    I made two from a solid 16 ft fiberglass antenna from a shipyard ... Cut into 8 ft sections , sanded down a point at one end , put a pvc tee w caps on other end ... Works like a champ
  • StickItStickIt Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    I have the Fish Stick and it works well and they also have very good customer service as well. The first one they sent had a small defect and they sent me a new one no questions asked and just told me to keep the first one
  • southboundchickensouthboundchicken Posts: 711 Officer
    By the time you run around town looking for sticks and fabbing up handles you can just swing in to strike zone fishing over on beach Blvd and buy a few ready to go, stick it brand is what I use and love them.... Good luck
  • big baitbig bait Posts: 426 Deckhand
    got mine from strikezone, they a few to choose from.
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 789 Officer
    I did not realize Strike Zone sold them. I will pick up a couple when I get my next coupon flyer. Thanks
  • KnottyGirlKnottyGirl Posts: 76 Deckhand
    I'm not sure of the prices but Boathouse also has them and they have a couple different sizes apparently they also work in the power pole mini if you ever decided to go that route. I bought the 8' pin directly from Stick-It and purchased it with "The brake" bracket to mount it on my bow for $150. I procrastinated for a year before I put the brake on and it was a night and day difference, it's nice to just have it in the bracket while trolling so you can just slam it down if you get on fish. You can buy the bracket separately if you decide to go ahead and get the pole locally or you can fab one up yourself. I will say the bracket is legit I've been in some heavy wind/current with mine and the bracket has been twisted in every which way possible and it still holding strong, just be sure to mount it good. My only regret is buying the 8' pin instead of the 10 footer, if you think you're going to use it on the bow at all get the 10, anything over 4 to 5' and I can't use mine. Sorry for the rambling, once I get on a roll my words go everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    I will tell you that I bought this to be used at Ft George as well. Depending on the weight of your boat, you might be throwing money away. It would not hold mine. I own a 21 ft bay boat. For some it works, but for mine it did not, so I am back to using 2 anchors.
  • BakermanBakerman Posts: 1,222 Officer
    Anybody get those little "hairs" on the fiberglass rods after they've been stressed? I once slid my hand down a power pole pin. Bad move....
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman.
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 789 Officer
    knotenough wrote: »
    I will tell you that I bought this to be used at Ft George as well. Depending on the weight of your boat, you might be throwing money away. It would not hold mine. I own a 21 ft bay boat. For some it works, but for mine it did not, so I am back to using 2 anchors.

I found this product on line. http://www.sandbaranchors.com/
    It uses an auger to dig down in the sand. I might try one of these up on the sand and a stick anchor on the stern. Can't beat the price. Now that I have my new trolling motor I never use my anchor anymore and it is a pain to get the anchor out from under the deck on my boat.
  • WC53WC53 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    Over on the kayak forum, people are talking about 3/4" 8' fiberglass tree stakes on Amazon and then putting a bmx bicycle grip on them. I think total is around 25-30 bucks. No stainess tip if you are looking for that
    "Reality, the bane of ICC everywhere."
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    Pangaman wrote: »
    I found this product on line. http://www.sandbaranchors.com/
    It uses an auger to dig down in the sand. I might try one of these up on the sand and a stick anchor on the stern. Can't beat the price. Now that I have my new trolling motor I never use my anchor anymore and it is a pain to get the anchor out from under the deck on my boat.

I might be interested in getting one of these if you wanted to do a group purchase as I did with the sticks before. Please let me know!

You can PM me or email me direct. [email protected].
  • RaltonVBRaltonVB Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    these are pretty nice. Im looking at getting one here real soon but from searching around these look good for the money.

http://titanfiberglass.com/products.html
  • gmiller0737gmiller0737 Posts: 653 Officer
    Bakerman wrote: »
    Anybody get those little "hairs" on the fiberglass rods after they've been stressed? I once slid my hand down a power pole pin. Bad move....
    I put a Piece of Clear Vinyl Tubing on My Fiberglass Anchor Pole for that reason lubed it with liquid soap 1st
  • TUGTUG Posts: 824 Officer
    ive never seen one of the long slender fiberglass poles work to hold the bow out at ft george during anything but slack tide (which isnt very long).

they are super handy out at silver glen or black creek etc. I found floating your anchor out on a raft or PFD works better at ft george...then use a 2nd one up in the sand.