Horny Toad Morning Sesh

Picked me up a couple packs of ZOOM Horny Toads the other day.. Finally got to give em a shot this morning.. Smoked the bass numbers wise but yet again, lacking in the size department.. I think the big one might go 4lbs? If that... Caught at least 40 fish altogether but most were 1lb or smaller dinks.. They were busting topwater from 7am to 12pm when I left.. Lost a really nice one.. Watched him come up behind that toad and eat it with a mouth I could have fit a **** gallon paint can in.. He went down into the eelgrass and shook the hook somehow.. Thought I still had him but I was hooked up on the grass.. ****! Still fun though, kept a bent rod all morning and it was another great learning experience for a freshwater noob... I cut out pretty early because the gators were being extremely terretorial on the grass beds.. I also had one come off the bank in a narrow canal and **** near put himself in my yak.. A good 10 footer or better.. By the time I saw him on the bank it was too late.. All I saw was that giant head and big **** cheeks.. Unfortunately kayaks don't have brakes and it was a close call! Took that as a sign and called it a day..

Screenshot_2016-03-25-07-20-59_zps5i3funn8.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-12-57-06_zpsuz5cysi5.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-08-51-38_zpsssizejmq.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-16-02-27_zpsa0mfc8mi.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-14-19-18_zpswtfnzr3x.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-09-59-20_zpsqqktsekw.png

Screenshot_2016-03-25-20-16-56_zpscvkti3pw.png

Diggin the Horny Toad.. It's a killer plastic..

Replies

• RealSeabeeRealSeabee Posts: 583 Officer
    it looks good from over here
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!
  • GotBass?GotBass? Posts: 202 Deckhand
    Cool pics. Be careful, gators and yaks don't mix.. There was a video going around of a gator who stalked a yak and was right next to him when he broke the water surface. Dude had a small dog with him that fell in the water. Luckily the dog was on a leash. Buddy pulled the dog back in the yak before the gator could get him. :hairraiser
  • LivinwideLivinwide Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Yeah gotta watch those big lizards this time of year, they start looking for love in all the wrong places! There's some big bucketmouths over there, we used to through big white spinnerbaits on the grass edges for the bigger bass.