Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Help Removing Outboard for CMC Repair - Fernandina

Long shot here, but does anyone here live on Amelia Island that is mechanically inclined? I need help removing my Yamaha 30 so I can replace my CMC tilt and trim unit. I cracked the bracket. I was planning on taking to Ocean Outboard Marine, but I am not sure the boat would make it there (looks like one pot hole from cracking the other side and dropping the outboard on the street). Thanks!

Replies

• FlemIslGatorFlemIslGator Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Not sure about your motor, but I have removed the Tilt & Trim assembly leaving the motor installed before. Just a few bolts and the electrical connection for the motor. Wasn't too difficult from what I recall. Good luck.
  • southboundchickensouthboundchicken Posts: 711 Officer
    Not sure about your motor, but I have removed the Tilt & Trim assembly leaving the motor installed before. Just a few bolts and the electrical connection for the motor. Wasn't too difficult from what I recall. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure the tilt unit in question requires his motor to come off the boat to remove the tilt unit.... 1 strong guy or 2 girls could probably lift it right off
  • greatwhitegreatwhite Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    What about 1 out of shape guy? Lol. You're right, doesn't actually seem too heavy. Should be able to lift it off without issue. I got everything unbolted yesterday, just need to get the battery lead wires disconnected and get the rubber grommet off. The tilt and trim unit is a CMC.