Friday night Mango trip

Anyone going to run out Friday Night? There is a window in between 6 pm and about 6 am Saturday for some really good bottom fishing. South winds moving tide. Should equal a good chum slick. Now the little rain would be my only issue while 40 miles out. I have been studying this weekend hard as it kicks off my Mango fishing around the full moons.

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,249 Admiral
    If you go, make sure to give us a report!
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 966 Officer
    We were out yesterday during the day for Mangos. I knew it was a full moon but a buddy just got a new boat so he wanted to run around regardless. Loaded up easily on white bait and hit 3-4 of my go to spots. Only one mango - the bite was really slow. So, I say that to say they are probably eating at night...
    Anyone night fish the bay? Was thinking of going this weekend maybe launching in the afternoon.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 450 Deckhand
    I did make it out. Beautiful night. Fished till 1pm Saturday. I am unable to upload at the moment but will post this weekend. total was 8 nice mangos, 8 grouper (Limit) yellow tails, triggers, AJ, Scamps and porgies in the box. Threw back lots of ARS and gags
    How far did you run out?