Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Fishing trip

Quick question fellas. I live in Tampa but I'm going down to Marco Island the weekend of April 2nd and again on April 7th. I just wanted to know if the flats there hold decent bait or should I go to a bridge a throw my net. I also would like to know if motoring down toward Goodland and Gullivan Bay will be worth it. I've never fished there so it would be a shot in the dark . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced. Any questions about Tampa Bay and Cockroach Bay let me know thats my home waters !

TIGHT LINES

Replies

• TarpoonTarpoon Posts: 61 Deckhand
    Bait in the 10K is always hit and miss. Look for beach bait that time of year as well.

Goodland/Gullivan bay - yes. Depends on what you are fishing for of course but the further SE you go the less boats you will see and the more stuff there is to fish.

Navigation can be tricky - it's get skinny. Be careful.

Best bet - buy a hot spot chart and/or hire a guide for a half day.
  • JonBlazeJonBlaze Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Tarpoon wrote: »
    Bait in the 10K is always hit and miss. Look for beach bait that time of year as well.

Goodland/Gullivan bay - yes. Depends on what you are fishing for of course but the further SE you go the less boats you will see and the more stuff there is to fish.

Navigation can be tricky - it's get skinny. Be careful.

Best bet - buy a hot spot chart and/or hire a guide for a half day.

Thanks Tarpon. I will hit the beaches up for bait. I'm just fishing for Snook, Red's, trout, and the bonus would be a Tarpon because they aren't thick here in Tampa Bay yet. You ever shoot up this way let me know. We've got an awsome inshore fishery here.