Hawaiian Bones

liquidalohaliquidaloha Posts: 4 Greenhorn
Just felt like sharing a few photos from recent fishing trips. Caught most of these fish on tipped jigs. Very spooky fish and if you can keep them off the reef tones of fun. Hope y'all enjoy.

It was a little windy out so went and fished a pond and ended up getting a little lucky. Penz minnow did the trick.:fishing

Replies

• Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Very nice.....were you fishing off the south side of the big island? See milkfish too? I just learned that they farm milkfish on Christmas Island and they are delicious to eat. Just wonder if they eat them in Hawaii too.
    .......Rick
  • LurchyLurchy Posts: 376 Deckhand
    some real munsters over there.. Big pea for HA too!
  • liquidalohaliquidaloha Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    This is the island of oahu. Ya the Hawaiians like to make a fish cake out of them, I prefer to let all of them go. I see the milk fish when I'm on the flat but I haven't caught one.
  • BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 186 Deckhand
    Wow those are some nice size bones. I never knew that Hawaii even had bones. Never really thought of them as a Pacific fish. Love learning something new every day. Great job!
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com
    BullMarket wrote: »
    Wow those are some nice size bones. I never knew that Hawaii even had bones. Never really thought of them as a Pacific fish. Love learning something new every day. Great job!

Ya when I first came to the island I didn't know either but after a few days of paddle boarding I saw some fish and quickly got a rod and reel. The average fish here tips the scale at 8lbs. Also not uncommon to catch 10lb+. I've seen some fish I would guess almost 16lb, absolutely massive but I haven't been able to put a hook in one yet. " they don't get big by being dumb"
    Heres some footage from the fishing trips. First video i've made so my video editing skill may not be up to speed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZBqam4R-No
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,404 Admin
    Nice! Thanks for posting the pics (and nice mahi shorts in the first one)!
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!