Spring Break Florida Style

Replies

• MikeDeroMikeDero Posts: 92 Deckhand
    So you go on these trips to take pictures and pay all that money???? there is a thing called GO PRO hands free.

Ok I stand corrected I thought you went out each week and kept your limit so I stand corrected. that was MY issue was holy crap how much fish do you need?

Well best of luck I am done with this thread, as it seems a different mentality each to their own.
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 2,964 Captain
    I was, am, and will always be, a sportsman. I love to share what I, we, are so fortunate to be part of. In Florida that means fish, and plenty of them. Look at the fish stacked up in and around the demise of that old ship.
    27_zpsbpioqo37.jpg
    We see this over and over again on each and every trip. What we take is not even a fraction of what our Florida waters have to offer. We insist on taking only the amount sustainable.
    As far as GO PRO goes that system is way too limited to show what we actually catch. In addition, the quality is marginal at best. In Florida we take our fishing seriously. We love to share and demand the best pictures an video possible.
    Then you need to research more as there are go pros
    Up to
    4K30

12MP / 30 fps Burst

Control. View. Share.

Waterproof 131’ (40m)
    Which is better then most cameras out there
    Not mine!
    what ever I see the pictures you posted noting special noting that a Go pro cant do maybe its the user but anyway I am done. Man people down south are backwards
  • offsethookeroffsethooker Posts: 126 Deckhand
    You should stay up north bud , don't sound like you gonna do well here , with us backwards folks.
    " I am done with this thread, as it seems a different mentality each to their own."

Seems like "I am done'' can be associated with a ''different mentality." "Maybe its (sic) the user."

We in the South say what we mean and mean what we say! If being TRUE to our word is being ''backwards'' than Southerners are indeed backwards and proud of it.
  • PhishingPhanaticPhishingPhanatic Posts: 452 Deckhand
    Great report.

As to the NY guy, I've fished up there once, we caught a cooler full of these, made lots of good catfood.

IMAG0490_zpsxet2esve.jpg
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,286 Admiral
    MikeDero wrote: »
    what ever I see the pictures you posted noting special noting that a Go pro cant do maybe its the user but anyway I am done. Man people down south are backwards
    How many times are you going to be done with this thread? Dam yankee
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
    Inbreed rednecks I'm done in this site enjoy dating your cousins
    Thanks guys for the support.
    Suggest we consider the 'mentality' we are dealing with. When we have someone from the North who joined F/S in March 2016 and is a self-proclaimed 'EXPERT' on Southern fishing, Southern culture, and knows everything there is to know about photography, we should give him the respect he have earned...NONE!

"Inbreed rednecks I'm done in this site enjoy dating your cousins" Sorry but we in the South do not talk like that...we have higher standards!~
  • hooknlinehooknline Posts: 5,286 Admiral

You're not done yet.
    If I say something that offends you, please let me know so I can say it again later

1322773200_30_1_USD_3.50_default.png
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 501 Officer
    It is true. We really don't care how you do it up north.
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,627 Captain

Hell yeah!
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,610 Admiral
    Just don't deal well with stupid sorry.

You do a great job of acting stupid
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,301 Admiral

Inbreed? You mean Inbred....

In your sentence above, "inbreed" would be an adjective.

The problem is the word inbreed is a verb.
    INBRED is the word you were looking for. An Adjective.

You meant to write..
    Inbred rednecks I'm done in this site enjoy dating your cousins

Some punctuation would be nice as well. But we cannot expect too much from someone your severely limited mental capacity.
    Very well said guys. Makes us proud to be Southerners.
    th%202_zps0xhxvne1.jpg
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 648 Officer
    Your very welcome Bob. Most know how much passion and time you put into your reports. Keep up the awesome fishing!!
  • seanmurphy243seanmurphy243 Posts: 72 Deckhand
    Have a nice life mike. People like you are the reason I am thankful I was blessed enough to move out of the northeast. And by the way, I will absolutely enjoy eating my 1,000 lbs of tasty grouper and snapper in my three freezers. I hope you enjoy those nasty bluefish and the polluted stripers you've got up there.
    Thanks guys! I put everything I have into these reports. I have a real passion for sharing the great outdoors with the real sportsmen/women of F/S. We are a team!
    Guys if you have never edited digital video you have no idea how demanding, time consuming, it is. I am really proud of my latest video. If you have not seen the wahoo segment, please take a look; you will be glad you did. It took me over five hours to edit & publish that video. If you like it as much as I do...it's time well spent. Take a look: https://youtu.be/JdtPYh4cAcw
    I have found most Northerners to be real, down to earth, people who like the same things we do. Obviously some are different. Some have let the constant freezing temperatures, snow, and ice get the better of them:
    Why%20we%20live%20in%20Florida_zps8q9jqbpv.jpg
  • FishingAddictFishingAddict Posts: 170 Deckhand

Good grief, Mike. I've lived up North, in "redneck" parts of Georgia, and in the suburbs of Atlanta. I visit all over Florida all the time and may move there when my kids go to college.

A couple things you should know. Everything South of Orlando has more of a "Yankee" feel than the South.

Ed, the guy in question, is- bless his heart- a bit cantankerous like you. He has NO Southern accent. I'm pretty sure you're criticizing one of "your own" - if you want to define people from where they live and their accent. Which I don't. There are good people and jerks all over the world. Personally I think people who define folks by where they live as total jerks.

Good for you for only keeping what you personally eat. That's what I do as well. But you don't know what he's doing with the fish. Perhaps fish from what he catches is all the protein he eats. Perhaps he's giving them away to the homeless. Perhaps he's feeding his friends. Maybe he's just throwing the fish in a garbage dumpster and all his neighbors hate him because of the smell. But until you go vegan or know for a fact he's wasting fish, don't throw stones. Unless it's your goal to make enemies.
    I have many very responsible, real sportsmen, Northern friends; the same with Southern friends. I also have been associated with total Northern & Southern jerks. 99% of the peoples who take part in the F/S forums are dedicated sportsmen/women, credits not only to our great sport, but to the areas from which they come. As we have seen on this post we also have the 1% who demand attention by criticizing everything & every body. The 99% say NOTHING about things they know absolutely NOTHING about. The 1% can find fault with one and all.
    Best advice: "don't throw stones. Unless it's your goal to make enemies."
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Hey Bob, I don't post regularly, I just wanted to say everyone really appreciates your reports. Do not get discouraged because of some Jack*** like Mike here, you put in a lot of time and work into these reports along with the pictures and it gets everyone in a great mood, continue what you're doing! I am sure I am not alone in saying this. Also, I can't wait to get out on the hub with you some day!
    Thanks! It would be an honor to fish with you.
    Guys, I am so glad you like my reports. Sharing with real fellow sportsmen/women on F/S has become a passion with me. I love Florida and our great sport. Most can't even begin to imagine what we are so fortunate to have 24/7 every month of the year.
    This is our reality:
    Florida_zpsgnpfzt8h.jpg
    This is their reality: (thanks Jad)
    ice_zpskwegzc98.jpg

Sometimes 'their reality' of constant ice, snow, sleet, and months on end of freezing temperatures, is more than they can deal with. They become very negative and take their frustration out on others.
    There will always be the Jack*** 's of the world. I, we, will NEVER allow those who see nothing but the bad in everything, everybody, to deter from getting ''everyone in a great mood!'' They have created their own little NOTHING world. Let them live in it...ALONE!
    They have never, or will ever, have the ability to 'discourage' me and those like me.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Bob, you're a good guy and 99% of FS members appreciate your reports. I'd have you on my boat to take pictures any day!

I'm not sure why this clown is obsessed with antagonizing you. He must be a real tough guy to pick a fight with an older gentleman like you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravensfanravensfan Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Great pics
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    You keep on doing what you are doing , Bob. :)
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Captain Gary what an honor to see you back. Please do not be a stranger; you have been missed. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks guys! The very thought that "99% of FS members appreciate your reports" is what gives me the desire to go on. I love our great sport and 99% of the people who are associated with it. As we have seen there will always be that 1% who love to start something & try to keep it going. Obviously some are indeed obsessed with antagonizing anyone who will allow them to do so. They deserve the respect, recognition, they have earned...NONE!
    I am indeed an older guy who takes pride in being a gentleman. Thanks for allowing me to do so.
    Next to my daughter, Dee, my pictures, video, and reports are the most important things in my life. Next up is a hog hunting trip with Two Guys and a Hog Outfitters, 3/31 - 4/1. Over the years I have learned to make the best pan fried wild whole hog Country sausage imaginable. My report will center on 'HOW TO' make sausage that will make everyone want to go out and harvest a wild hog. Absolutely nothing artificial. Just pure goodness. Be sure to check it out:
    Country%20breakfast_zpsrtdbnm4k.jpg
    And, speaking of checking it out, have you had a chance to take a look at my latest video? The amount and variety of fish will amaze you. Be sure to check out the great wahoo fight 4:11 minutes into the video. Watch Will on the gaff:
    Untitled_zpscu4hwqfd.jpg
    https://youtu.be/JdtPYh4cAcw
    Thanks again guys! What an honor to be part of the F/S team.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 648 Officer
    Great video, and awesome snapper catch! Love fried mangroves.