Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Stupid weather

Got out this morning before first light. Got to spot and immediately got railed but didn't hook up. Decided to go get some bait before really starting to fish today. Caught about 18 6-8" mullet with one throw of the net so I'm pumped now. Clean off the boat and the net and no kidding the second I put the net away it starts to rain... and rain... and rain. The fish disappear. I decided to wait it out and see what happens (did this one day last year and slayed em). Had about a 30 pounder try to grab a mullet 5 times at least and the slacker couldn't connect. I need to start cutting their tails. (the mullet). After that it was just silence. Started to head back to the ramp, sun comes out, and see two adult tarpon roll so I stayed out another hour... more silence. :shrug

Next time.

-Mag

PS... I did catch a 8 lb jack that i thought was a juvi tarpon at first... ****. Also caught a decent trout... first one I've caught in that area and also the first one on such a big bait... so at least I didn't get totally skunked.
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters