Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Not at home but the clams are good!

Although Im not at home I am still getting in the saltwater. I headed to Washington State for a week and happened to land it on a open weekend for razor clams. I purchased my Non-resident 3 day pass for $10 and off to the beach. We got to the beach at around 1 hour till low tide. We got out the clam shovels and headed towards the water to see if they were showing yet, and they were. Being that it has been a while since i have been clamming it took around 25 minutes to get my 15 limit (and i was picky about only digging large holes). Ive got 2 days left on the permit hopefully I can get out there and get some more!

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,065 AG
    Cool....

We had those up in the NE... no "season" back then.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,750 AG
    pissah!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • strangebrewskistrangebrewski Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    Day 2, we had family over for a large fried clam breakfast. We headed out for clam dig 2 and got to the beach around 4pm. We waited for the tide and when it dropped enough we ran out barefoot and in shorts and dug our limit in short time. Many people were leaving to beach with only a couple clams. We would have loved to help, but you will get hit with a hefty fine if you are caught assisting with someone elses limit unless they are properly registered and placarded disabled. And there were plenty of LEO running around to enforce it. Clams have been flushing overnight and now its time to clean them.