Mango Bango St. pete 3-17

Got a trip together with a couple buddies thursday and braved the fog to try and get out and get some mango's. Ran to the skyway and netted up some whitebait, to add to our frozen dines and live shrimp. Also made a stop in 25' and sabiki'd up some pinners and squirrel fish. Ran out to 85' and chummed it up and the mango's were there just not biting very well. Caught most of our fish on either frozen dines or whitebait. Picked away for a few hours and had about 20 in the boat, from the 14"- 20" range...tough bite and small fish so we moved around the area a lil bit and found a different show. Anchored up, and started to chum again and they started firing off with the size being much bigger from 22" all the way up to a couple 26"ers. Lost a couple bigger ones to jewfish and break off's(20lb fluoro). The big ones were eating mostly live bait, pinfish, whitebait, and even 4-5" squirrel fish(which would get hit immediately!). After 20-30mins at the rockpile we got our 30 fish limit and called it a day. Luckily the fog cleared up and made for a nice ride in.

Replies

• Thumper363Thumper363 Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Nice.....this mango bite has been hot to say the least. Im cooking some right now! Very nice!
  • clarosaclarosa Posts: 577 Officer
    Thumper363 wrote: »
    Nice.....this mango bite has been hot to say the least. Im cooking some right now! Very nice!

well from the looks of it you had a lil better bite than me haha. It's always a blast when they come up into the slick...nothing better! I couldn't really get the mangs to cooperate other than for 20-30 mins...by then we had our limit and headed in.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,097 Moderator
    The Mangs are chewing that's for sure. Best Mango bite I've seen in a while.
  • m10renm10ren Posts: 109 Deckhand
    That mango is a slob.:fishing