Skip to main content
Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Margaret Holmes Canned Vegetables

I live in Orlando and have not found this brand here yet. I was up in High Springs and my cousin turned me on to them. The cans say "seasoned southern style" and dang they are good. Look at www.margaretholmes.com. I am sure there are members that already know about this brand but I am a newbie to them. We had the field peas as well as the green beans with our smoked meatloaf this past weekend. They have all kinds of vegetables and I am looking forward to trying the peaches.

Replies

• RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    I live in Orlando and have not found this brand here yet. I was up in High Springs and my cousin turned me on to them. The cans say "seasoned southern style" and dang they are good. Look at www.margaretholmes.com. I am sure there are members that already know about this brand but I am a newbie to them. We had the field peas as well as the green beans with our smoked meatloaf this past weekend. They have all kinds of vegetables and I am looking forward to trying the peaches.

We really like field peas and WalMart actually has them in the frozen foods and I think it's a 14 oz bag. They are very good but the bag keeps getting smaller!
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • FlashFlash Posts: 12,090 AG
    Sav-a-lots carry them also. They are quite good, I agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • warpigwarpig Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Winn Dixie on curry ford road has them
  • JimboleusJimboleus Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    have you checked the sodium content in Margaret's veggies..High blood pressure ina can..Season yer own using no salt added chicken stock,and a little fresh garlic and some Mrs Dash.. Eat right ...live longer
  • FlashFlash Posts: 12,090 AG
    Jimboleus wrote: »
    have you checked the sodium content in Margaret's veggies..High blood pressure ina can..Season yer own using no salt added chicken stock,and a little fresh garlic and some Mrs Dash.. Eat right ...live longer

True but not much difference than del monte.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Sixth GenerationSixth Generation Posts: 910 Officer
    I did not check the can! Thanks for the heads up on that... I am 48 and need to start watching that!