Home Egret Boats

WTB - Egret 189

Egret18Egret18 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
Looking for a used Egret 189. I am missing my 1997 that I sold 5 years ago :banghead

I live in South Florida.

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    There is one on Boat Trader.com now that was owned by a regular here. Nice boat. Looks like it is located in Pompano, so you can easily drop by for a peek.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-Egret-189-102629507
  • Egret18Egret18 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Yes I saw it. It's the perfect setup besides the chunks missing and scratches all over the bottom of the boat. It looks great on boattrader until you get the pics of the hull. I can't imagine the beating that boat took to get banged up like that. Too beat up for me especially for that price.

But thanks for looking.
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    I'm not sure of my time table but I hope to move from my 189 to a 2011 sometime in the near future. My 189 is a 2012 model, with a Yamaha F150. I live in upstate SC and use it 75% of the time in freshwater and it is kept in a climate controlled garage. So pretty much zero corrosion, sun damage or mildew issues you will sometimes run into with boats stored under covers or on lifts. When I get ready to build the new hull I will post my current one on here to see if anyone is interested.
    Let me know when your ready to sell although I wish you had 175 on the back.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,393 Officer
    Egret18 wrote: »
    Yes I saw it. It's the perfect setup besides the chunks missing and scratches all over the bottom of the boat. It looks great on boattrader until you get the pics of the hull. I can't imagine the beating that boat took to get banged up like that. Too beat up for me especially for that price.

But thanks for looking.

I must say that 189 was in pristine condition when I traded it back into the factory. There were no chunks missing in the bottom either. Sad to see it not taken care of by the present owners. But a easy fix for someone willing to put a few dollars into to bring it back to perfection.
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 952 Officer

But thanks for looking.

Easy to fix the bottom. When I bought mine, I had a couple of big chunks missing on the bottom as well. For a few hundred I had a glass expert repair it all and it was all like new again. You could never tell. That was about 15 yrs ago and never a problem since. There's not that many of them floating around the market to be that choosy. If the rest of the boat is in order, its probably worth negotiating.
    Easy to fix the bottom. When I bought mine, I had a couple of big chunks missing on the bottom as well. For a few hundred I had a glass expert repair it all and it was all like new again. You could never tell. That was about 15 yrs ago and never a problem since. There's not that many of them floating around the market to be that choosy. If the rest of the boat is in order, its probably worth negotiating.

True but its gone now. I'm still looking.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    True but its gone now. I'm still looking.

Check with the factory from time to time, maybe they can put you on a list for folks that are looking for a used boat. good luck.