St Johns River March 2nd - Marines 1st LMB

Me and A good friend of mine went out searching for LMB and those big drag burning Sunshine's yesterday and found enough to tighten the old wrists. My bud Mike also caught his first Large Mouth and it was the only one caught by us...4.54#

The guys using Bait did really well on the Largemouth, as they always do and us guys with artificial did good on the Sunshines with a few Bass. Things are enough to keep you interested but not "Slamming" yet.

We used the tackle box today and best lure was Sebile 73mm Stick Shadd. I did not rig a MirroDine but I'd bet they worked too.
When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!

Replies

• eeekbackupinthereeeekbackupinthere Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    Awesome report!
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,198 Captain
    Great report!!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,704 Moderator
    Pounding the sunshines. That's why the put them in.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,508 Captain
    Are striped bass native there :huh ?
    Better: are the fish you called sunshine (if I'm not wrong) striped bass ?
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
  • TD-AnglinTD-Anglin Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Stripers and Sunshines two different things-https://bassonline.com/freshwater-species/sunshine-bass/ , side note some body caught a true striper at Sebastian inlet the other day, anybody ever hear of them on the beaches this far south?
    http://sobesurf.com/
    sobe-surf-logo-1.png
    Surf Lessons, Stand Up Paddle Lessons, Tours, Rentals and Equipment Sales
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,508 Captain
    Thanks for answer.
    In this case should be the same hybrid we have here, introduced in some private lakes, for fishing purposes.
    I caught some of them some years ago in one of those lakes. I have to check some old photo, at home; if I found it I'll post it.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.