Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Ponce 2-28-16

After a few adjustments we were crewed up party of 4 and we were off. The boy Randy ,Max , and newbie Mike. The plan was set make bait and work on out. Forecast was dead on beautiful as we started making bait at 60ft.Things were going well till our sabikis were getting broke off so we sent down the chicken rig with stouter tackle and found the culprits redsnapper, At this rate I plan on surf fishing for them next year as they are moving closer to land:) We stopped at 70 and caught some triggers and nice lanes and beeliners,next stop 140 and a couple more triggers and some Big R.S. Next stop 180 to play with the reef Donkeys oh my aching back as they were on the chew limited out and then realesed some more till the crew cried uncle.:) Getting ready to wrap up then up comes a school of nice Phins boated two of them for the bonus catch.IMG_1856_zpsth9edhq2.jpgIMG_1863_zpswclpsyas.jpgIMG_1869_zpstuisgtik.jpgIt twas a great day on the water to share with family and friends.
DTM

Replies

• KGonzalez23KGonzalez23 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    dtm wrote: »
    After a few adjustments we were crewed up party of 4 and we were off. The boy Randy ,Max , and newbie Mike. The plan was set make bait and work on out. Forecast was dead on beautiful as we started making bait at 60ft.Things were going well till our sabikis were getting broke off so we sent down the chicken rig with stouter tackle and found the culprits redsnapper, At this rate I plan on surf fishing for them next year as they are moving closer to land:) We stopped at 70 and caught some triggers and nice lanes and beeliners,next stop 140 and a couple more triggers and some Big R.S. Next stop 180 to play with the reef Donkeys oh my aching back as they were on the chew limited out and then realesed some more till the crew cried uncle.:) Getting ready to wrap up then up comes a school of nice Phins boated two of them for the bonus catch.IMG_1856_zpsth9edhq2.jpgIMG_1863_zpswclpsyas.jpgIMG_1869_zpstuisgtik.jpgIt twas a great day on the water to share with family and friends.
    DTM

Man took my dad out Monday as well in hopes for some of that action. Got a late start and ended up stopping at 100' public Mango Hole N and S. No action other than what I believe was a big shark ****ing with us. How far out where you if you dont mind me asking? Still trying to learn the area. All I have is public numbers??
  • Bearded_LadyBearded_Lady Posts: 16 Greenhorn
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 657 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Congrats on getting some blood on the deck!
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Bloodying that deck up proper.. tight work as usual sir
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
  • dtmdtm Posts: 327 Deckhand
    Spacecoast How did you know? We did have a couple that didn't want to go to bedIMG_1874_zpsffkvbfwe.png