Home Photography Corner

Cooper's Hawk

Had a barrage of feathers greet me yesterday as I got out of the truck. The wind was in my face about 20 kts. When I realized where they were coming from, i went out back and found her.

25170214191_12a52420fa_c.jpg

24656335213_894482491e_c.jpg

Had battery issues, so these are spaced a bit apart time wise. 4th time Ive seen her, and first front shots. I tried to look this lovely up, and judging from the size, and the rounded tail feathers, I surmise this is indeed an adult female. Trying to find information on them for this area is ridiculous. So, If you have better information than I do, I would appreciate any corrections. :)
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Suz...
    both good but #2 I really like...
    it captures the essence of the hawk, complete with dinner...
    dinner looks like it might be a dove???

the owls and the hawks around here feast on doves, mostly because they are so stupid they just stand there waiting to be lunch....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Agreed, both great but #2 is awesome.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 555 Officer
    Mac, I think the feet are wrong for a dove. The bird was pretty big, and blueish grey. Those feet grabbed stuff at one time I do believe...... Thanks for the kind words. Must be the crop in 2 you guys like. :)
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............