Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Turtle Creek Bay Wacc

Just got a new boat... 17 ft polar kraft aluminum skiff with a 90 etec on it. Fished suwannee this past weekend and it was very slow. Few reds trout and sheeps... Want to fish turtle creek bay in waccasassa this weekend, could someone help me out with a good route to get there? I know how and i have google earth, but once i'm there should i just start fishing? Or go way back? Water temp is pretty high and water has been clearer down there.. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!!!!!

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Time on the water is the best advice. As far as where to fish, every area fishes different pending tides, water temp wind etc. take your time and learn the area and what works or don't work on any giving day....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • jimmyslim1jimmyslim1 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    The islands and bars near the mouth of the creek are a good place to start. Just follow the tide in and fish the grass until you have enough water to get set up around one of the islands with good current. The reds will surely come around hungry at some point. Do some exploring at high tide and then reverse the process.
    I'm from the gubment, and I'm here to help!