2-21 Keys Trip Report-Cold Water = Bugs!

Back on Big Pine Key for a few days...fixed a broken water heater, nothing like not having hot water in the home. Of course, dying to get some fish and we had some fun out back with some mangrove snappers. A huge bull shark showed up :hairraiser...man I would never want to meet a fish that size while in the water....anyway, he stole a few of Mrs. LA's fish, real bummed to not get any pics but he took his toll. We scored a few mangos mostly using live shrimp, very tasty :grin panko and blackened for our Friday meal.

Was hoping to try some freediving out back but the forecast was not looking very good, thankfully it changed somewhat better for today although still choppy. Water extremely chilly at 67.5 degrees. Put on my shorty suit and in I went, first 5 minutes YOWZA..:chill:chill:chill:chill:chill:chill..but I did get used to it and swam real hard to get a few.

Mrs. LA finally decided to give it a go as well, not quite her water temp but in she went...you go girl!:grin:grin

We had fun on a beauty of a day in the lower FL Keys..glad to get a few bugs once more, not sure if we will get back before the end of the season. Nice to kick back, hope you all enjoyed this trip report.

Replies