Home Photography Corner

The big house

ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
24258446914_01b240f464_k.jpgDSC_2313cropbw by Flcrutch, on Flickr

24259731983_e9ec1dcd26_k.jpgDSC_2313croppolarized by Flcrutch, on Flickr

These next two are not too far from your place, Mac.

24886590645_f01cdb020f_k.jpgDSC_2188crop by Flcrutch, on Flickr

24258444934_4b36a96d5a_k.jpgDSC_2199cop by Flcrutch, on Flickr

Replies

• ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Just some traffic passing by.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Chuck,
    nice images as usual...
    I like the black and white image of the mansion, which at this point, the name fails to register because I've been there before...
    albeit a couple of decades...

and yes the carvings are in Biloxi....
    when I worked in Gulfport, I passed them twice every day...
    I watched them being sculpted after the storm but I was always in traffic and couldn't stop (also a little ptsd from the storm)...
    I wished I knew you were coming this way, we could have grabbed a beer and shot the s**t....

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,666 Admiral
    Oak Alley Plantation
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 555 Officer
    What a nice set. I will have to look the mansion up. Love the pov. *clapping* Black and white my favorite as well. Love the carvings; how cool is that
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
    Chuck,
    nice images as usual...
    I like the black and white image of the mansion, which at this point, the name fails to register because I've been there before...
    albeit a couple of decades...

and yes the carvings are in Biloxi....
    when I worked in Gulfport, I passed them twice every day...
    I watched them being sculpted after the storm but I was always in traffic and couldn't stop (also a little ptsd from the storm)...
    I wished I knew you were coming this way, we could have grabbed a beer and shot the s**t....

tim

I wasn't really planning to stop but got tired of driving and decided to take a brief detour to the coast since we were so close. I can imagine the PTSD, just seeing all of the nothing left behind was sad. I can't imagine what it would have been like to live there and lose everything.
    Gardawg wrote: »
    Oak Alley Plantation

Correct. Had it been a planned visit rather than an after thought I would have planned to stay the night and get some shots without people.
    redsgurl wrote: »
    What a nice set. I will have to look the mansion up. Love the pov. *clapping* Black and white my favorite as well. Love the carvings; how cool is that

Thanks Suz. The tour guide was excellent and well worth the spend alone to listen to him.
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,737 Captain
    Sweet work Chuckc!