Skip to main content
Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Boca vs. Hillsboro

drsansdrsans Junior MemberPosts: 22 Greenhorn
I grew up down here catching livies in Boca inlet, and back in the area after a lot of moving around, now running out of Hillsboro. We used to catch gogs right out front in 20-30 feet, along with the fleet of other people willing to get up at 3:30. In the inlet, seems like 90% of the time I could find pilchards in the bend, end of the jetty, or just around the corner.

Any major differences in Hillsboro? I'm not looking for super secret bait spots, but if there's some general info, or if Hillsboro doesn't hold bait as well as Boca, that would be helpful to know. I've been surprised how much different LWI and Port Everglades are in terms of finding bait most of the year.

Appreciate any info.

Replies

• FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Senior Member Pompano Beach, FL.Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Boca always seem to hold more pilchards. A couple times a year you'll get decent pilchards and small dines in Hillsboro, but rare. I never seem to have a problem for Gogs from Fort Lauderdale to Boca, they all seem to be in the same places and the same times of year consistently.