Universal Mania

Does anybody have experience purchasing products from this company?... http://universalmania.com/

I'm planning on purchasing an expensive trolling motor. They offer it for $200 less than just about anybody else (with free shipping)! Seems to good to be true.

Replies

• EvertonEverton Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Following as well... Looking to purchase a talon and they have the best prices I can find so far as well. Minn Kota has a rebate offer until June or July I'm wondering if there'd be any fine print on regarding place of purchase. I know they're a sponsor on BBC Boards forum. Hopefully someone chimes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bay FisherBay Fisher Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Everton wrote: »
    Following as well... Looking to purchase a talon and they have the best prices I can find so far as well. Minn Kota has a rebate offer until June or July I'm wondering if there'd be any fine print on regarding place of purchase. I know they're a sponsor on BBC Boards forum. Hopefully someone chimes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed my order this morning - I'll let you know how it goes.
  • EvertonEverton Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Cool - I appreciate it.
  • jimmyc9999jimmyc9999 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I have bought many products from them and they have been fantastic. Never had ANY problems with any items ever bought from them and they always offered free shipping.
    Shop with confidence!
  • Bay FisherBay Fisher Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    So, this is the real deal!

I was in the market for a brand new Minn Kota Riptide ST 112 Saltwater Trolling Motor with the iPilot GPS system installed (sku 1363731). I called multiple local dealers and researched all the mass retailers on-line. Across the board, the price was in the $1,850 range. Of course, if you buy locally you pay sales tax. On-line from major retailers, you pay tax and shipping (+/- $60).

On the Universal Mania website, they have the exact motor (with iPilot) listed for $1,641.60!!! My immediate reaction was 'what's the catch' (hence the post above). On top of that, they offer free shipping. ON TOP OF THAT, Minn Kota is running a promotion and providing a $112 rebate for the purchase of this motor.

Here was my experience... I placed the order on 1/28. They called me within 2 hours to confirm details and shipped the motor that afternoon. It arrived today and appears to be fully intact. I now have the motor in my possession and paid $1,529.60 NET (after rebate).

Needless to say - I'M STOKED and can't wait to get it installed!