Home Ask the Law!

I know it redundant but.....CWP holder with weapon on boat.........

softbutchharleysoftbutchharley Posts: 26 Greenhorn
I believe ANY open carry is illegal in Florida, so that answers me w/o asking regarding onboard boat.
I may get a CWP tho so I can carry with family on boat. Concealed parameters will apply. Does the type of vehicle (land or water based) make any difference ?
I also believe it is not illegal ( LEO tested) to carry a weapon in case etc unloaded to and from target shooting, in land based vehicle ( like Harley Davidson ).
Any info/feedback is appreciated.................
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
― Desmond Tutu

Replies

• bluewatermafiabluewatermafia Posts: 540 Officer
    Open carry is legal when traveling to or from or participating in outdoor recreational activities including hunting, fishing and camping.
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,352 Officer
    No CWP needed to open carry while camping, hunting or fishing or on the way to or from. The CWP is needed for concealed carry only
  • voltmanvoltman Posts: 141 Deckhand
    Roc N Rol wrote: »
    No CWP needed to open carry while camping, hunting or fishing or on the way to or from. The CWP is needed for concealed carry only

''on your way to and from''' this would be questionable in my view .i would use good since and have a reasonable purpose if doing this.
    take note that it does not say you can stop at a gas station go inside with your side arm in plane view and buy a pack of smokes ,while you are on your way to hunting fishing of camping.
    in adding ,i was told you might beat the wrap but you will not beat the ride. not to mention the ruined fishing hunting or camping trip.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,015 Moderator
    voltman wrote: »
    ''on your way to and from''' this would be questionable in my view .i would use good since and have a reasonable purpose if doing this.
    take note that it does not say you can stop at a gas station go inside with your side arm in plane view and buy a pack of smokes ,while you are on your way to hunting fishing of camping.
    in adding ,i was told you might beat the wrap but you will not beat the ride. not to mention the ruined fishing hunting or camping trip.

In other words, one must use common sense
  • softbutchharleysoftbutchharley Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    TY folks !!! and of course the use of the all elusive, not so common, common sense :) That's good to know since these are really the only times I "carry" a weapon. lol " buying a pack of smokes " ... DUH !!!!! lol :) TY again peeps for the feedback.......
    “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
    ― Desmond Tutu
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,611 Captain
    I keep my flare gun in my truck and would hate to be the thug who gets some WillyPete in the torso at close range. Not considered a fire arm but a safety device.
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,259 Officer
    But what if a guy assaults you while filling gas? :USA
    saltybum wrote: »
    I keep my flare gun in my truck and would hate to be the thug who gets some WillyPete in the torso at close range. Not considered a fire arm but a safety device.
  • voltmanvoltman Posts: 141 Deckhand
    Barrell wrote: »
    But what if a guy assaults you while filling gas? :USA

lol :grin that guy would have to be pretty stupid to assault someone with a gas nozzle in one hand and a flare gun in the other.