Thanks Crystal River 1/19/2016 ...

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,673 Moderator
For putting in this fine kiosk and charging $7.50 to use the worse ramp in the county. :banghead

It's narrow with no room to swing a boat trailer around for launching and .. You get to walk 3 blocks across 4 lanes of traffic (with no crosswalk) to get back to the boat. :shrug

It's the old Knox baithouse ramp next to Charlies seafood. There isn't a sign saying the price to launch and it only takes credit cards FYI ..

I was going to launch elsewhere but was there and didn't have plans on leaving the bay. So.

Anyway it was cold and Alex from Ga. and I left my house at 9am launching about 10am to close to a slack low tide.
Caught a couple of ladyfish in the bay . They seem to be running larger this year in there. Went to the main spring and were met with hoards of loafers milling about.

Seen several large tarpon but other than ladyfish not much action. Over the spring I seen a large school of reds (looked like) and some jacks also. No bites but I got one trout close to 22" so Alex had dinner.
Also one of the big jacks.

Other than more ladyfish and some small trout in Bagley cove area the bite was slow for us. Still a nice outing.
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 555 Officer
    So much for being a "Public Ramp".
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,673 Moderator
    So much for being a "Public Ramp".

City owns it. Others are county.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    Sweet Capt. Louie! Alex is eating a "fresh water speckled trout"??? Glad to hear you got out!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,260 Officer
    Sure was good but it didn't taste like a rainbow trout.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,673 Moderator
    Sure was good but it didn't taste like a rainbow trout.

Ain't supposed to. :cool:
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    Planted rainbow trout taste like the liver pellets they feed them.