E$ and Morningstar III had a VERY decent day off SLI 1/20/16 (NO Fake BS ever)

Hey gang, doing my level best to stay busy, feed fam, and also share intel w the cool people from this forum!

Captain Dave introduced me to MorningstarIII a few months back and I am grateful as it has been a GREAT ride. Today we had Ray, Sharon, Linda and Fred (in the house) w E$ doubling as mate, captain and friend! :wink

The SLI inlet was a bit bumpy and we took it slow in 2-4' plus seas (3-5' on sets) and NW winds about 15 MPH. Saw Daymaker (Pat is a bad ***) in 150' jump one or sails 2 off and 2 minutes later we had a HOT sail lit up behind our daisy chain. WOW sail was lit up and going back and forth between dredge ,chain and pitch. I pulled chain away, Fred expertly dropped back, sail ate, was in air, jumped 2 x and we are tight!!

Unfortunately luck was on sailfish side as he (or she) spit hook after a few jumps but it was VERY cool to tease / hook that sail on the troll. I am learning a lot about dredges, daisy chains and art of teasing sails to transom and it's fun and different from Palm Beaches where we primarily live bait / kite. (but I digress)

Worked my way a bit S of Loran tower and saw a slight edge and some flyers in 180'
Good move WHAMMM. We had a SOLID BULL in the 20-25lb range WOOF the right short.
Owner's friend Ray was stoked to be tight, we cleared some lines and Fred stuck him!

Next few minutes the daisy chains got whacked by bullets and we caught 3 tiny bonitas...

Reset on a much better edge in 240'. Timing can be tough and as some of crew was busy below we had a 30lb class bull , eat, runn off 100 yards and pull hook. :bang head:bang head Live and learn!

I saw some terns working some bait in 300' and made a pass. WOW!!! A solid blackfin came 30' behind boat and SPANKED the naked swimmer right behind the chain! Lady angler in the chair did great and a decent blackfi hit the ice!! WOW that was a cool bite and wish I had a underwater camera for that!!

Had a little lull , then decided to take owner's suggestion and try the shallow reef / artificial reef line in 80-90'

What happened next was VERY cool. A snake king ate the short bait 20' behind boat and got boxed.
Reset and had a 15-20; king put on an amazing show!! This king jumped 15' in the air 4 x.
3 X he clipped my bally right behind hook, but on 4th jump I saw him 15' above waterline w my pink chugger in his grill!! We got tight, boxed king and called it a day as I have trip in am pre dawn.

Thx so much Fred for being such a gracious owner and employer!! We called Shrimpers and the crew is having fresh Mahi and Ahi tonite for dinner and I am grateful to be part of a great team.

PS adopted budgie adapting and birds having Mahi Tacos tonite.
Baby Bob the adopted Alexandrine even has some cucumber to trade for maui or AHI!!!
Peace and love to you and your's and bite is not bad if you are flexible and keep at it!
Thx so much to everyone who was so kind when E$ was down / grieving yesterday. Love u guys and thx!
Till next tide, out of Jupiter mañana keep ya posted!!
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    King jumping 15' in air x 3 was epic!

Missed that on film but got him!!
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Capt TommyCapt Tommy Posts: 258 Officer
    Good day! Surprised you didn't see more sails up that way. Nice meat fish though. Wouldn't mind a stud blackfin like that. I've been short on sushi since I haven't made any Bahama trips lately.
  • BocaCentury2900BocaCentury2900 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Great day man!
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,413 Captain
    Stellar Day! Work that e$ Mo-jo!
    :thumbsup

Pura Vida!
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,182 Captain
    Hah. I call photo shop. My cousin and I caught all those fish last year. You put yourself in those pics. :)

Nice work Eric.
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nicely done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • SnookMan772SnookMan772 Posts: 656 Officer
    Another stellar report for a stellar captain!
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,264 Captain
    Yea, that IS a very DECENT day! great. I'm about convinced now that there are way more fish north then in BBi. I could not imagine that kind of day out of BBi trolling ballys.
  • holdemhook1holdemhook1 Posts: 168 Officer
    Nice work E$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23 contender with 200 Mercury Optimax
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,986 Captain
    That is one great day and trolling nonetheless....those dredges can be killer!
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Capt Tommy wrote: »
    Good day! Surprised you didn't see more sails up that way. Nice meat fish though. Wouldn't mind a stud blackfin like that. I've been short on sushi since I haven't made any Bahama trips lately.

Us too, some of the boats in Ft Pierce had 8-10 shots.
    Few boats in Boynton had 10-12 shots ...
    This AM was better 3/4 in first 90 minutes then had to head back early due to mechanical issues...

Thx all for positive feed-back!!
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 940 Officer
    Nice day
  • Tight LinedTight Lined Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Great Mid-Week action!

Nice football there. Last Sat saw quite a bit of top water action from either bonita or tuna in 400'+. I pulled a few bonita out for bait but wanted what you had! Later in the day I took my kids out for some yt's which were fun.

Noticed a lot of good size fish in the water column Mon (holiday). Pic below.

Looking forward to getting out there on Sun if the forecast is correct and winds < 20kts.

I like it when it is sporty out there!!!

Tons of birds and fish around when it is nasty.
    US Coast Guard Electronics Technician (1990 - 1994)
    * TRACEN Cape May, NJ
    * US Coast Guard Cutter Thetis, Key West, FL
    * TRACEN Petaluma, CA
    * LORAN Station Barrigada, Guam
    * Base Miami Beach, FL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SEMPER PARATUS