NO BIKINI's ON!!!!!!!

Well, once again I fooled you smut surfers with key words... You people are so gullible, be glad you aren't a snapper in my chum line because all of you would end up on ice.

I took two buddies out fishing, one of them wanted to catch a red snapper of a fly rod and given the weather being flat calm, I told him that wouldn't be a problem. We left before daylight and made our way to a shrimper to get our shrimp boat by catch. A six pack did the job and off we went to a "secret" wreck. The wreck lay some 160' below and after pulling up and watching my depth finder light up like a Christmas tree, I knew our targets were acquired.

We all dropped jigs and none of them made it more than 40' below the surface. 3 red snappers were pulling drag simultaneously. We quickly caught and released them and I tossed out a hand full of by catch. Within seconds you could see about a dozen red snappers eating all the goodies. Joe grabbed his fly rod and did a short cast. He was using mono core which pulled the fly down slowly. 20 seconds passed and Joe was holding on to a red snapper that was screaming drag. He fought it for about 5 minutes before the hook pulled.

He repeated the feat but his fly was all beat up and really didn't look impressive. It didn't make a difference. Another red snapper was bouncing trying to gain its' freedom. While he was playing with red snappers one after another, my other buddy and I were releasing them as fast as we could drop a jig in the water. The fish followed us 1/4 of a mile from the wreck. Joe probably caught 4 or 5 on fly. No big ones but that just gives him a reason to return.

We continued to catch and release about 20 of them.

Hammer

Replies

• lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,217 Officer
    Nice work buddy-

It's a shame some **** in NC somewhere decided to close the season since there are no ARS out there, lol
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,248 Captain
    Nice job again. I bring bug spray on the boat to make sure that all flies will die, as I don't like them. That is a great catch for those who are into it. I like to use the heaviest tackle that will work as I am into filling the box. To each his own and good job putting them on the target species.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    very nice!