Home Off Topic

UF--Mich

13»

Replies

• rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 12,072 AG
    & '16 will be even worse... Gata better hope they keep letting 5-7 Teams in Bowl Games ;)

Treon starting again? Might as well forfeit the season
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.
  • BuckeyeBuckeye Posts: 4,984 Captain
    mikev wrote: »
    This one doesn't. Ask Buckeye. Even though it was brutal, we stayed.

Showed up right before kick off and left at the end of the third quarter.

Hell, I was drinking at 8 am just outside the stadium:

12308386_147932128899826_1339535854169394022_n.jpg?oh=67075d651883bbd3109ed0274b141efa&oe=56FEB961

I think you were still in East Lansing???

11224308_530661347097192_6071436653004529783_n.jpg?oh=7329d077d4c2dc3f62315c8ee77aab48&oe=57448EFB
    harbaugh_slow.gif

I have never eaten a booger in my entire life. -Jim Harbaugh
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,243 Admiral
    It's fitting that Treon didn't even throw the only TD pass.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
    When the Michigan Wolverines played the Ohio State Buckeyes on November 28th, they had a giant wake-up call. Not only did the Buckeyes win the game, but they kicked the Wolverines square in the teeth on their way to a 42-13 whooping.

Because the game was such a blowout, fans were seen leaving as early as the third quarter and rightfully so. Heck, I was watching in the comfort of my own home and turned it off before the fourth quarter began because it was so painful to watch.

Well, Wolverines senior linebacker Joe Bolden does not appreciate the fans that left early and had some advice for them on Monday.

Nick Baumgardner
    ✔ ‎@nickbaumgardner
    Bolden: 'To fans who stayed for the last snap (vs Ohio State), thank you. To those who didn't, look in the mirror.'

12:57 PM - 7 Dec 2015

Hey Joe, here is some advice to you.

Maybe if your team competes for the whole game then the fans will stay for the whole game.

Just a thought.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/college-sports/ddrysdale/michigan-lb-joe-bolden-to-fans-who-left-early-look-in-the-mirror/54870/

:rotflmao
    harbaugh_slow.gif

• on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    Buckeye wrote: »
    Showed up right before kick off and left at the end of the third quarter.

Hell, I was drinking at 8 am just outside the stadium:

12308386_147932128899826_1339535854169394022_n.jpg?oh=67075d651883bbd3109ed0274b141efa&oe=56FEB961

I think you were still in East Lansing???

11224308_530661347097192_6071436653004529783_n.jpg?oh=7329d077d4c2dc3f62315c8ee77aab48&oe=57448EFB

Oh chit!!!!

Mike, good luck getting Your foot out of your mouth!
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 12,072 AG
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    It's fitting that Treon didn't even throw the only TD pass.

When was his last? Even a squirrel finds a nut
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    :huh
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Dupe, you honestly believe that?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    One of you bastards is trolling me.
    Out.
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,492 Officer
    VH3 was not good in every game we lost. This game was about staying healthy for the NFL draft, and money.
    rent my beach house
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,243 Admiral
    VH3 was not good in every game we lost. This game was about staying healthy for the NFL draft, and money.

It may have cost him dearly.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,376 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    It may have cost him dearly.

I personally hope it does. He threw the team under the buss just for a little less chance at getting hurt. The Scouts do pay attention to that too. I believe the whole team didn't do as well as they should have or even could have. Their heart just wasn't in it.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    This is exactly why bowl games are a joke these days. They don't mean much to anyone, especially the guys sitting on millions of dollars at the next level. I don't blame them for taking it easy. It falls back on the old risk vs. reward mentality. I tore my acl and won't get drafted and lose out on 20 million, but hey we beat X team.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    BayGator wrote: »
    This is exactly why bowl games are a joke these days. They don't mean much to anyone, especially the guys sitting on millions of dollars at the next level. I don't blame them for taking it easy. It falls back on the old risk vs. reward mentality. I tore my acl and won't get drafted and lose out on 20 million, but hey we beat X team.

Would just as well if players would notify the coach they would rather not play. Leave them home. EZPZ I believe pro scouts would not have an issue with that. I will say it really was obvious that they folded the tent when Treon threw the INT in the end zone early.
    Last year Fowler had 3 sacks in the bowl game, and raised his stock. But don't play half **** if you don't want to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mikev wrote: »
    Dupe, you honestly believe that?

Pretty surprised you are denying you guys left early.

I was under the impression your brothers/in law wanted to take off. We were going to grab dinner and a few beers afterwards, remember? Instead you guys took off before the game finished.

Oh well, not a big deal to me. It is what it is.
    harbaugh_slow.gif

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Ok... since FSU has Mich in the 2016 Orange Bowl maybe we can reflect on Michigan's last bowl game against another Florida school, the 2015 SEC East Champs UF.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    besides that you prove yourself to be saddled with irkerome little brother syndrome the only thing to reflect on from this thread is how many better posters the sports forum has lost over the past year
    frank wrote: »
    besides that you prove yourself to be saddled with irkerome little brother syndrome the only thing to reflect on from this thread is how many better posters the sports forum has lost over the past year

Boohoo frank. Seems your skin has gotten pretty thin. Maybe time for you to take a break.

I, personally, enjoy the predictions and then the outcome of the game to reflect on.

Good times... good times.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,237 Captain
    Michigan by 16
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters
    So UF is playing the team that out Michiganed Michigan and probably kept the Wolverines out of the playoffs.

• The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    What was the score of that game?
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
    I think Iowa won 10-7, something like that.

No it was 14-13, Iowa

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 36,995 AG
    kmagnuss wrote: »
    Michigan by 16

You are probably right. The opening spread was Michigan by 7

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,829 Captain
    Good match up in the Orange Bowl. Michigan wins but FSU keeps it close.
    Love these Go Gata predictions!

Go Noles!
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 9,674 Admiral
    Good match up in the Orange Bowl. Michigan wins but FSU keeps it close.

FSU did keep it close so you are half right. :wink

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,376 Admiral
    Turned out to be one whale of a ball game!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.